Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I started off self-publishing through writing self-help ebooks specifically for people who stammer.

However, I would now like to expand to self-help ebooks which are more generic. The reasons for doing this is it would allow me to reach a wider audience and also a number of people who have read my ebooks have said the content is applicable to beyond people who stammer.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has been a similar situation and if so, what you did about it. Did you change much of the content of your existing ebooks? Did you change the cover design? When you decided to make your ebooks more generic, did you find it helped you reach a wider audience and increase your ebook sales?

Best wishes,

Hiten

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want to rewrite the books in your signature to make them more generic (instead of niche books)?

Why not leave those alone and write "companion" books that cover the same topics but address a more general audience?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dotx said:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want to rewrite the books in your signature to make them more generic (instead of niche books)?

Why not leave those alone and write "companion" books that cover the same topics but address a more general audience?
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I should have been more clear. I don't want to rewrite the books in my signature. I've been thinking of writing "companion" books as you mentioned.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hiten said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I should have been more clear. I don't want to rewrite the books in my signature. I've been thinking of writing "companion" books as you mentioned.
I would definitively create new covers, since the audience is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts