Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally I thought that because the Kindle was a techi item, more men would use it. However these boards seem to be heavily female. I guess the guys are playing video games or something. Their loss.

Steve

·
0 Posts
Back when I was single (oh, so many, many years ago), they would call this a "target rich" environment!  ;D

I

·
0 Posts
Maybe but most of the women seem to be married as well.  Then, I didn't come here looking for women. 

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think it might just be that women read more than men do. Just my opinion, based on real-life experiences, so please don't yell at me for saying that!

I like to think, too, that we females are more practical, so we see the value of the Kindle. (Okay, that was sexist. haha)

I

·
0 Posts
Women do seem to like to play dress up with their Kindles.  I guess they replaced Barbie with them. 

Ok now that was sexist

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Khabita said:
I think it might just be that women read more than men do. Just my opinion, based on real-life experiences, so please don't yell at me for saying that!

I like to think, too, that we females are more practical, so we see the value of the Kindle. (Okay, that was sexist. haha)
A man would have to be a fool to argue with that. When outnumbered three to one.

·
Registered
731 Posts
More women watch Oprah? (Ducking..running from room!)

Seriously, I worked at B&N for 5 years; 90% of the "readers" were women. The book clubs were all women, most of the staff were women, even the people in the Starbucks were women. (Why did I leave ever that job?). There were male customers but for the most part they weren't buying literature. Or even fiction. They bought Who Moved my Cheese? and Guns, Germs and Steel. (one of which is an excellent book ;))

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I travel a lot and noticed on airplanes and in airports more men are reading books than women.  Not sure why that is...

I

·
0 Posts
Jeff said:
Ha. Gender confusion strikes again!

Until today, I thought Vampyre was female. Wasn't the original Vampyre avatar a woman with fangs? ???

Harvey: To avoid confusion, why not enable the gender indicator next to the user name?

Jeff
That's why I changed her out. I use her on other boards where I am well known so I didn't think about it here. It also explains all those strange PMs.

(just kidding)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I've noticed with my family...the women are more likely to just buy something. The fact it was on sale (via Oprah discount) only pushed them to purchase it even more so. Meanwhie, the males in my family believe they should monitor, compare, and research a product over a course of a couple weeks (sometimes months) before purchasing or before deciding not to buy the product because it lacks one feature. In the case with the Kindle, my dad and uncle say they refuse to buy it, because it doesn't have a backlight. Keep in mind I did tell them Eink cannot be viewed with a backlight.

I

·
0 Posts
That would be a simple unedited typo.  'R' and 'F' are close to each other.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts