Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I did not see another Kindler at Starbucks, on the way there I encountered a bear on the side of the road. When I got out of the car to take the picture I did not see her two cubs.

So she stood up to warn me, (hence the blurry image), bluffed and took her to children deeper into the woods.

Aren't their feet adorable?

So even though STX was a bust, I was blessed with seeing the bears. In addition, I had lunch at Applebees's and a woman in the next booth was very enamored with the Kindle 2 asked me a bunch of questions and decided it was everything she hoped for.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
What a great day for you.  Those pictures are amazing.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
She was probably on the way to the meet and you scared her away  :-\

Great pictures!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Wow what great photos.  I think many of us had fun even if we didn't find a Kindler.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great pics!  I had to come to this post immediately.  Love 'em.  You should have taken one of her cubs.  Haha.  Just kidding.   :p

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Carol, you sound like me.  I get so excited I forget to take pics. 

deb

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I see bears from time to time but have never had the nerve to get out of my car.  The few times I did see them when out of my car I have not had a camera and did not want to get any closer.  You are a brave woman.  Great pics!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Great pictures!!  Thanks so much for posting them!  It was great getting to talk to you in chat today!!  Judy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
What great pictures, thank you for sharing them!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Chad Winters (#102) said:
"...I encountered a bear on the side of the road. When I got out of the car to take the picture I did not see her two cubs. "

I'm still stuck on the part where you GOT OUT OF THE CAR!?!?! :eek: :eek:
I Know!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chad Winters (#102) said:
"...I encountered a bear on the side of the road. When I got out of the car to take the picture I did not see her two cubs. "

I'm still stuck on the part where you GOT OUT OF THE CAR!?!?! :eek: :eek:
You are too funny. Black bears are pretty calm creatures; however, I did leave the car door open ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Gorgeous pictures of gorgeous bears!  I would have been way too chicken to get out of the car though!  Calm or not, I'm not sure I'd have the guts to get closer to take bear pictures.  Very cute cubs...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Awww! So cute!

But yeah, I can't believe you were brave enough to get out of the car, either!

Funny story ... my husband and I are from Michigan, and in our part of the state, you do NOT see bears in the wild! We were visiting Colorado and were in Mesa Verde National Park when we saw a bear one day. We were really excited and stopped (we were driving), but the bear disappeared down a slope. I told DH, "Go on! Get out and go get a picture of it!" He said, "No way!" And after a second, I said, "Oh, wait -- you're right! Don't do that!" :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts