Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great that we have a place to post our offerings! My debut novel, Mankind's Worst Fear, is as much an adventure novel as it is sci-fi. While technology is a part of it, the two intertwining stories are more about the characters and the circumstances they find themselves in.

It is currently available on Kindle and Smashwords.com for $.99. You can read a 40% excerpt at Smashwords or visit my website at www.davidlerickson.com for the links, two stories in my 'A Matter of Time' short story series and a really cool free calendar.

^^^^^^^

An experimental oceanographic submarine gliding beneath the coastal waters of Oregon in 2057 survives a violent disturbance caused by an enormous object hurtling from the heavens. The crew soon discovers they are in a new world, devastated by nuclear winter. Deep beneath a Martian crater, Colonel Kaider O’Brien  discovers an artifact left by an ancient race. Thus begins Ozark writer David Erickson’s time travel novel, Mankind’s Worst Fear.

The need for answers sends Captain Schumer into the Cascade Mountains of Oregon while Colonel O’Brien leads his small band of survivors to Earth, to find sanctuary from an ancient alien race.

These frighteningly real tales unfold as the two men come to grips, three hundred years in the future, with the enormity of what has happened. Together they must rewrite human history to bring Mankind back from the brink of near extinction.

In contrast to Captain Schumer, a scientist with a dark secret, Colonel O’Brien is an administrative career officer and veteran of the Afghan wars of 2012. Schumer, Slinker’s designer and primary promoter, has gathered an eclectic crew of scientists who face the travails of this new world with varying degrees of success. And among the survivors aboard a small shuttle escaping the alien attack on Mars, is world renowned journalist Reginald Tammer, as large in life as he is in newsvids, tough as they come Sergeant Doomes and comely young Dr. Meyers.

With scattered remnants of humanity believing the devil’s stingray will rise from the sea to bring the world to a cataclysmic end, other tribes fervently pray the newcomers herald the resurrection of Earth: converting sullen skies to sun-drenched blue, build luscious valleys of green from withered scrub land and bring forth technological wizardry their ancestors only hinted at.

DL Erickson’s first published novel is about ordinary people caught in extraordinary circumstances who save the world by doing their duty, by doing what is expected of them, what most of us would hope we would if we found ourselves in their predicament.

Regina Williams - editor
The Storyteller magazine  Jan-Mar 2009

·
Registered
501 Posts
marianner said:
It sounds interesting? Any plans to publish it for Kindle, though?
It's already on Kindle for $0.99:

For this price, I purchased it, and it's on my (rather long) TBR list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts