Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help.
I am searching for my first K books to buy,
but I am finding MANY of the titles have multiple publishers/publishing(s)...

Do you just buy by price then?
Do some publishers "format" better than others?

I am SOOOO confused.

Eric

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If I find that to be the case, I buy the cheapest one.  It is  a strategy that has not yet played me false.

On the other hand, you could always download samples.  The sample would be free, and if there were hideous formatting errors, you could probably catch it in the piece you have available.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
robin.goodfellow said:
If I find that to be the case, I buy the cheapest one. It is a strategy that has not yet played me false.

On the other hand, you could always download samples. The sample would be free, and if there were hideous formatting errors, you could probably catch it in the piece you have available.
Thank you, wise counsel...

Eric

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
If there are multiple versions and prices I'll try samples to check formatting. I'll then buy the least expensive that's decently formatted and linked here so the forum makes a little spiff from it provided it isn't too expensive. If the price is too high I'll hunt for a free version but the combo of benefiting the forum plus instant wireless delivery is worth paying a small fee.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If there are multiple publishers, try checking either ManyBooks or Feedbooks and you might be able to get it for free.

·
Registered
115 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
If I find that to be the case, I buy the cheapest one. It is a strategy that has not yet played me false.

On the other hand, you could always download samples. The sample would be free, and if there were hideous formatting errors, you could probably catch it in the piece you have available.
I do the same thing. I find the cheapest one is usually good enough. And you buy enough cheaper ones, you're going to have enough money left over to buy a whole new title.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
So true, go for the inexpensive ones or if you can find a free copy, even better.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
no new answers here... I tend to go for the cheapest or check to see if it is available on one of the free sites.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If your planning on purchasing classics, I "highly" recommend getting penguin classics. They do a great job with getting as close to the orignal work as possible, and usally have author bios included in the book as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts