Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that books downloaded from manybooks dont have the author's name show when downloaded to the Kindle? Ive seen a few people mention that in old posts on the amazon boards. If thats true, it really sucks : (

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I'm not sure, but why not just use Feedbooks.com or another site instead?

Or is there some advantage to Manybooks that I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I dont have my kindle yet (still waiting) and I already dled a ton of books from many books, and wanna know if I have to do it all over again or if they will appear with name and author on the kindle.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Dragoro said:
Is it true that books downloaded from manybooks dont have the author's name show when downloaded to the Kindle? Ive seen a few people mention that in old posts on the amazon boards. If thats true, it really sucks : (
You need to download the Mobipocket - Mobi version, not the Kindle version to get the author names. Also you seem to always get the kindle version without the author names if you download from mnybks.net from your kindle browser. Manybooks is a great site but you have to download the Mobi version to get it right.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
It's not universally true that the books from Manybooks don't have author names the metadata. I got one today that had the author name. I think Dragoro may be correct.... you need to get the .prc/.mobi version, not the Kindle version.

Mike

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I've had that experience as well. I find Manybooks easier to navigate than Feedbooks though I have books from each site. Regardless, they are free so if you do get a couple of books without authors, relax! It's not so bad.  ;D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I like both Feedbooks and Manybooks..... but when I download to my computer from Manybooks, I go in and rename the file and use the author's last name and then the title so they look like the books I download from Feedbooks.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Some of my manybooks downloads did not list the authors so I re-downloaded them from feedbooks and deleted the manybooks copies. The reason why I like the Author listed is you can sort by Author on the Kindle. If you are in the mood for a particular author's works; you can group them by author; whereas by title, they would be randomly scattered in the home page.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah and if you have alot of books from a bunch of different authors, it would be impossible to remember which author wrote each book with out opening each seperate book. For instance I have a bunch of HP Lovecraft and Machen books I dl'd and if they didnt have the author listed it would be hard to tell which book was written by who without opening each seperate book.

I went and redownloaded the books from feedbooks instead. I still got some from manybooks, but downloaded the mobi form instead of the kindle form. Hopefully those will have author listed as well. Id get em all from feedbooks but manybooks has many that feedbooks doesnt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts