Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my cover today (that was fast!!) from the St. Patrick's Day Contest. I chose the M-edge Prodigy Jacket in Jade Green. The color is great. The hinge system on the inside isn't working right. The bottom hinge goes in without any problem, but the top one will not latch. I have a call into M-edge. Hope it ends up working, I like the cover. I'll post some pictures of it soon. Thanks again to Harvey and the Kindleboard moderators for doing the contest.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jade green is very appropriate for a St. Patrick's Day cover! I hope they are able to get the hinges fixed for you.

Congrats again!

L

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I think there was another thread where they explained how to nudge the top one into the correct position but I can't find it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Prodigy jacket too and my hinges took a little tweaking to work properly.  You have to slide the top hinge down after aligning with the bottom hinge to attach.  My top hinge seemed to hit a little below the slot, so I gently pried it up until they were aligned.  Once aligned, you have to then move the top hinge up to lock in place.  I don't know if this helps, but that was my experience with the Prodigy hinges, they are not as easy as the Amazon case - and they don't come with instructions!  

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hey Kevin,
Remember I had those same problems with my Prodigy cover -- I think they're having more problems with it than they are admitting at this point.  The hinges just do not work the same as the Amazon hinges do.

That said, M-edge did replace my cover with a new one.  The new one is much better, but still not perfect unfortunately.  I'm just going to keep it and deal with it - I don't plan on using it often. 

Hope you get a replacement that works better very soon!  M-edge has been great as far as service - sadly their product just is what it is. 

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
This is interesting. I assumed that M-Edge was getting its hinges from the same source as Amazon. Clearly that is not the case!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Harvey said:
This is interesting. I assumed that M-Edge was getting its hinges from the same source as Amazon. Clearly that is not the case!
That's what I thought too!! What's that they say about never assume.... ;) :D

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harvey said:
Harvey-

The hinges look to be the same but I think the little leather strip holds them differently. I've been playing with it and I just can't get it to latch on the top. I hope they get it right, I like the hinge system concept. My Amazon cover holds it very securely.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Be careful Kevin -- remember I fought and fought with mine and then when it finally did latch, I nearly had a panic attack thinking it was in there forever.  It was nearly impossible to get the tab to slide down and release it.  I never tried again after that. 

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
All this negative talk about the M-edge Prodigy hinge system makes me soooo glad I returned mine and got an Oberon.....I liked the Hinge idea but in the end the Oberon was more than I could resist. ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
patrickb said:
They have instructions right on the page where you order the cover. http://www.buymedge.com/images/kindle2/i_Kindle2_PrdInstall.jpg
It's not that. I have an Amazon cover so I'm use to the hinges. The upper one just doesn't latch on. It upper one slides back and forth ok but when you slide the upper latch into the kindle it isn't catching. I'm sure they will take care of it. (Just a side note---this is a smooth leather cover-------I'm so use to the pebbled leather----this is really different. Very soft, almost like deerskin leather)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
This is probably the reason Oberon decided against offering a Kindle 2 cover with a hinge system.  Too much room for trouble with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts