Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people had a March/April ship date and were pleasantly surprised with an earlier shipment?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a Feb. 25 ship date... it arrived on 12/18. Keep smiling, it may arrive WAY early!

Jim

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've wanted one for over a year and was waiting for the next generation Kindle. Since it didn't look like a new version was going to be released anytime soon, I just couldn't wait any longer and placed the order last week.

You'd think if I've waited over a year, I could wait awhile longer... but no, it's killing me!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ooooohhhh!  Mine has a Feb 20 - Mar 4 ship date.  Maybe it will be here early!  Please..Please...Please Santa bring it early.  I won't really know if it is early since it is a Christmas gift from some friends of mine and it is being shipped to their house.  I guess I will find out in a few days.  Maybe it's already there!  I will have to check under the christmas tree.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So glad people are getting them early... gives me hope!  :)

My DH actually asked me if I would like a diamond necklace for Christmas since it didn't look like my Kindle would be arriving in time... I turned him down! I did, however, tell him to use that necklace money for Amazon Gift Certificates!

He thinks I'm easy now...

G

·
Dooterbug said:
So glad people are getting them early... gives me hope! :)

My DH actually asked me if I would like a diamond necklace for Christmas since it didn't look like my Kindle would be arriving in time... I turned him down! I did, however, tell him to use that necklace money for Amazon Gift Certificates!

He thinks I'm easy now...
Don't forget to save some of that money for a beautiful Oberon cover for your Kindle. Well worth the money. IMO, a steal at $75.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Avenue of Trees cover is already on its way!  :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Doc I was unaware you had received your Kindle!! Are you in love? :)
I have not actually received it yet, it was delivered to my parents house and will not be actually available for use until the 25th. Even then my parents live so far out in the boonies that it may be the 26th or 27th before I get to actually use it. No cell coverage of any type and only dial-up internet...I think I might go insane! On the other hand...there is Mom's cooking (so I got that goin' for me) Bring on the food coma! ;D

Jim

·
Registered
261 Posts
EyeMc said:
I have not actually received it yet, it was delivered to my parents house and will not be actually available for use until the 25th. Even then my parents live so far out in the boonies that it may be the 26th or 27th before I get to actually use it. No cell coverage of any type and only dial-up internet...

Jim
How far away is coverage? Maybe you could go out for bread or milk and make a BIG detour. It could work......

·
Registered
260 Posts
EyeMc said:
I have not actually received it yet, it was delivered to my parents house and will not be actually available for use until the 25th. Even then my parents live so far out in the boonies that it may be the 26th or 27th before I get to actually use it. No cell coverage of any type and only dial-up internet...I think I might go insane! On the other hand...there is Mom's cooking (so I got that goin' for me) Bring on the food coma! ;D

Jim
You could always read the welcome letter from Jeff Bezos over and over again ;D. Enjoy!

G

·
If you ordered ny books before it was shipped, they may be on there already.  Mine came preloaded or it seems like it did.

G

·
EyeMc said:

Jim
It should come with the owner's manual so you can read that to break up the re-reads of Bezos' letter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was grousing about having to work today and was at my computer when I got an email that a refurb Kindle was available...and I picked it up!!!  Thanks to Harvey for the email alert!!!!!!

I'll have it next week instead of in March.  I can get started on the 10 books I've already purchased.

Yeah ;D  Have a good Christmas!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
DeDe said:
I was grousing about having to work today and was at my computer when I got an email that a refurb Kindle was available...and I picked it up!!! Thanks to Harvey for the email alert!!!!!!

I'll have it next week instead of in March. I can get started on the 10 books I've already purchased.

Yeah ;D Have a good Christmas!!
Oh, DeDe that is so wonderful! Congratulations!

We'll be on Kindlewatch with you....

L

1 - 20 of 21 Posts