Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon! So I just published my first book. What are some good and free, or cheap, platforms to start marketing on? Also is KDP reporting live or does it take a few days to post statistics?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Free sites are almost universally worth their cost.  If you've gone exclusive with Amazon, Amazon Ads is a good starting point. But really, with only one book you aren't likely to get worthwhile results. "Write the next book" is repeated a lot because it's the best advice for most new authors.

The dashboard is pretty much real-time, within an hour or two for the US. Other countries sometimes batch report and may not be as immediate.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Zfrace18 said:
What are some good and free, or cheap, platforms to start marketing on?
If you find any, do let us know. As said, the best is to write more books before you even think about advertising. There are millions of books on Amazon and if someone reads yours, likes it, they go looking for more. If there are no more, they go looking for other authors and soon forget about you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations on your first book! I'd recommend joining some FB groups or other forums to get a good feel for marketing strategies. 20 Books to 5K is a great resource on FB, for starters. I published my first book in 2013 and I'm still scratching my head, trying to figure it all out. (It would probably help if I wrote/published more quickly, but oh well) Good luck to you!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here's another FB group that focuses specifically on marketing. https://www.facebook.com/groups/393917614473395

The thing that is most important when marketing is only serving ads to a relevant audience. For example, with Amazon ads try to find books and authors that are extremely similar to yours and use them as targets for your ad. Keep it as narrow as you can. That will train the Amazon algo to show your book to the right people and it will also help keep your cost per click lower.

·
Registered
142 Posts
if the book's already published, you made a mistake

if you can't afford to pay for good marketing (reputable NL ads, AMS, Bookbub, or FB ads) then you shouldn't have published the book until you'd  created your own NL, developed a social media platform, or developed relationships w/ other authors

readers aren't psychic

they don't find your page among millions of other bookpages on Amazon by magic, you have to find potential readers & bring traffic to your page

having made the mistake, you've lost the visibility that comes with a good launch on Amazon but you still may be able to salvage a profit stream from the book by learning about marketing  & slowly putting what you learn into practice

writing another book is fine as far as it goes but you still have to have a way to get traffic to your book page

two book pages on Amazon out of 20 million is not any more discoverable than one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts