Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I've been away from the writing scene for around 15 months, due to work commitments etc, and quite a bit has changed.

Firstly, I seem to note that a lot of the forums I used to read through, or use for promotion, seem not to be as active as they once were, in fact some do not appear to be being used at all. Facebook also seems relatively quiet.

The added issue, for me, is that because I have done nothing with my books for a long time, they have, unsurprisingly, dropped right down the rankings.

I'm tinkering with Amazon Ads, and tried several trials and the results are a little odd to say the least, certainly in terms of how many times the add is viewed. The bidding system is quite bizarre, but certainly a winner for Amazon.

Has anyone tried Instagram, or had any luck with Amazon Ads. I've read a lot of what's available on the intranet, but much of that is for get rich quick sort of ideas with self improvement books, and aren't much help?

Just interested in what different people find useful.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would say a lot of AMS success depends on your genre. I do mostly nonfiction and consistently keep my ACOS around 15 or 20%

I’ve dabbled in Instagram as an experiment. Didn’t pay off. I’m not a fan of Facebook either—it’s good for list building, but personally I don’t think they’re quality leads—at least for nonfiction.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And for AMS, do you use the auto pitching, key words you've selected, or ASINs of similar books? I've read a few pieces on this and there are a number of differing stances.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It depends on the book and subject, but typically I do an auto campaign to start, then also have a manual keyword campaign along side it. I use publisher rocket to help finding competing keywords. I'll sometimes go after categories, but usuallly not until I"ve run the campaign for awhile and can see what's working.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I've started playing with key words, but I have an auto one running at the moment. I'll tally the results and see what works better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts