Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Martin Sharlow, an indie author who got his start on KDP and spent a lot of time on these boards in the early days died on January 2nd of this year, from complications related to a heart infection. He was the author of Storytellers books 1 and 2, the Fallen Blood trilogy, Shades of Twilight, and several other vampire romance and vampire fiction novels. He used to be really active around this place, and started the post 'How many have you sold', that continued to get fairly regular posts to it until mid-2020 (ten years after he made it!). As his health declined and he suffered various losses and tragedies his writing muse suffered pretty badly, and so he came around here much less often and struggled to write at all, but I know he used to have a good number of friends on this board, so if anyone remembers him (and his gif avatar of Sephiroth in fire) I thought it would be right to let people know.

He was 59 years old, my father, and still had many stories left he wanted to write, despite his lost muse.

·
Administrator
10,155 Posts
Martin's avatar pops right to mind from my earlest days on KBoards -- very familiar. I am so sorry to hear of his death, especially at such a terribly young age. How unfair.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, Shanda. I know how it feels unfortunately to lose a parent. I lost my mother years ago. I know it might seem like it'll never get easy to move on but it will. Right now, you and your family have to grieve. Just try to think of all the good memories you had together, not of him suffering or in pain. I have lurked on here for years. At first, I didn't remember his name but then I Googled and saw his picture on Goodreads and yes, I do remember him. Again, so sorry for your loss, and my condolences to you and your family.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts