Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hadn't seen a thread yet. If there is, you can just combine them.

BUT

Createspace just sent an email announcing matte finish!!! YAY!!!

Now, I'll be redoing my first book and release the second in matte as well.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Clicked the button and switched all of mine. Yeah!  :p

I'm surprised you say matte shows dirt and finger prints. I found the exact opposite. My matte covers from LSI look beautiful despite me pawing them repeatedly. But one handling of my Createspace gloss covers and they are covered in prints.  Looking forward to seeing if the quality will be as good as LSI. I would love to no longer have to pay for LSI's services.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just seriously shrieked at my husband, "Oh my God, yay!" :p

I'm happy now that I've been putting off changing my paperback cover for so long. Fate, I tell you!

Ryan Sullivan said:
I'm very excited about the matte option! But please, please, please let this fix the curling issue! If the covers stop curling ridiculously, I'll actually be in heaven. Wait... :eek:
I know this is something that happens to people with CS books, but none of my proofs have ever curled. And then oddly, I got my 7 year-old a paperback from the Stink series (traditionally-published) and that curled like crazy! So it's not just CS with the curling.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just ordered samples of all my books in matte covers. One thing I noticed when ordering--it automatically changed the size to 6x9, which is larger than I ordinarily use. So, I'd make more/book because the page count is reduced, but I'm not sure if I'll like the larger dimensions. 

G

·
No, I didn't get any email, but so happy about having this choice.

Love a matte finish. Given the right design, it's very sophisticated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
shel said:
I just ordered samples of all my books in matte covers. One thing I noticed when ordering--it automatically changed the size to 6x9, which is larger than I ordinarily use. So, I'd make more/book because the page count is reduced, but I'm not sure if I'll like the larger dimensions.
What do you mean, it changed the size? That would mess with your cover and spine dimensions, no?

·
Registered
100 Posts
shel said:
Well, the sample was much cheaper than the usual author copies of my book and it was the wrong size. So I assumed it was a generic "sample" of the matte finish, not my book in matte finish. Please let us know what you get with the "6x9 sample".

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
SO HAPPY!!!  Thank you for alerting us!  I didn't get the email.  Off to CreateSpace to start changing covers!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts