Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Kindle user community:

Our company has developed two new cases to house Amazon kindle 2. I would be grateful if you can take a look on our products' information.

Here is brief information about the cases:

The MaxGuard eReader JacketTM is designed to maximize accessibility and surface protection. Several unique design elements have been introduced into this jacket. The sure-fit compartment houses the Kindle 2 securely while allowing easy access to power switch, headphone jack, USB/Power port and charger indicator. The housing compartment encloses the unit. This maximizes the protection on the whole unit while preserving the sleek & trim presentation of Kindle 2. The side button protectors are stamped into the case and provide custom fit protection and easy access to the navigation buttons on both sides of the Kindle 2. The jacket has a notepad pocket at the side to keep a small notepad handy. The grip band in the back of MaxGuard eReader JacketTM further secures the device while reading or traveling.

The WaterGuard Waterproof CaseTM guards against any wet environment that Kindle 2 might be exposed to. It is a perfect companion when you bring your Kindle for beach reading. It provides great protection when you get stuck in a rainstorm or accidentally drop you bag in a wet surface. When using the WaterGuard case, the Kindle 2 can be slipped directly into the WaterGuard pocket and the transparent surface provides easy interaction with the keyboard and navigation buttons.

The MaxGuard eReader Jacket is available in amazon.com (TrendyDigital MaxGuard eReader Jacket, Carrying Case, leather Cover for Amazon Kindle 2) and in our web site at www.trendydigital.com
The WaterGuard Waterproof Case is current available at this Amazon page.

Here are images for the products. More product images are avaialble at www.trendydigital.com.
Thanks.

MaxGuard eReader Jacket for Amazon Kindle 2

WaterGuard Waterproof Case for Kindle 2

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
That waterproof case looks awesome. :)  Finally, one sized exactly for the K2 and at an excellent price point.

The eReader jacket doesn't do it for me specifically because of the containment system for the Kindle--I know it will work well FOR others for the same reason.  I'm personally not interested in a cover that requires nearly all of the front of the K2 to be hidden, especially since so many users keep asking for more cases with a "floating" or nearly invisible attachment system.  Having the Kindle on the left side also seems odd to me, but in part that's because I'd never end up using a notepad with it. 

Just my .02 worth; it's nice to see additional options for covers being introduced!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Someone on another thread is looking for a waterproof jacket.  This looks like what she's asking for.  I'll go find her post and tell her if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the waterproof one is great and I was going to buy it. BUT, they want over $5 for shipping. Nope, not happening.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm liking that waterproof case! May get that for possible beach reading this summer  :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Daisey31 said:
I think the waterproof one is great and I was going to buy it. BUT, they want over $5 for shipping. Nope, not happening.
If it is sent USPS Priority Mail, the minimum cost to ship is $4.80. I don't think a $5.75 charge (which was my quote) is high at all.
Great product, good price, reasonable shipping, IMO.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm impressed with the waterproof case; I can see myself using that when camping, etc, and the price is certainly right.

A

·
0 Posts
gwen10 said:
If it is sent USPS Priority Mail, the minimum cost to ship is $4.80. I don't think a $5.75 charge (which was my quote) is high at all.
Great product, good price, reasonable shipping, IMO.
What Gwen said. Their shipping, if it's being sent Priority, is not the least bit out of line.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
L.Canton said:
I'm impressed with the waterproof case; I can see myself using that when camping, etc, and the price is certainly right.
Agreed, I think I'll be buying one.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
FYI: They have a similar waterproof case for K1. 

·
Registered
377 Posts
Daisey31 said:
It could be sent first class in an envelope for much less. Everyone has their own idea of what is reasonable.
Perhaps you can contact them and ask if they are willing to do that. Seems like they are a small company, they may be able to accommodate you.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'll be interested to see the reviews of the waterproof case.  I hope the bag is crystal clear.  I bought another brand of  bag before I bought the DryPak and couldn't use it because the plastic was cloudy and very annoying to read through.  I also wonder how sturdy it is if the plastic is thin enough to use the controller and keyboard through it.

Waiting to see but I would definitely buy a couple of these if the reviews are favorable.  I'm always at the pool or on the beach.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Re the postage, good suggestion to contact the company.  I've done that before with companies which only had priority shipping or higher.  When I told them I didn't mind waiting, they readily put it in a cheaper mode.  After all, unless a company bumps the shipping and handling, they make the same profit in the item no matter how it is mailed.

Betsy

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
There is another thread that someone started about these.  The waterproof one looks interesting.

Perhaps the mods will combine the threads.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I like the idea of a notepad.  However being left handed it would have to be on the other side :)

theresam

1 - 20 of 64 Posts