Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
This has been my best ever month for sales, but I do about 60 hours of promotion a week. The few days i took a break from promotion saw my books drop down the rankings, but the days I worked hard witnessed my books climb into the top 100. So I think it is just trying to find your target audience really.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I dunno. I just checked for the fun of it and I was pleasantly surprised. I've been doing well. So far, sales for The Path of the Sword are a little more than 600% over April. I find it incredible: I've done almost no promotional work in the past week or so. Been so sick (I advise everyone to avoid bronchitis) I haven't had the energy. But things are going very well.
I suppose it's not saying that much. April was the first month it was out and it didn't exactly break any sales records but I'm still pleased.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Alex Sinclair said:
This has been my best ever month for sales, but I do about 60 hours of promotion a week. The few days i took a break from promotion saw my books drop down the rankings, but the days I worked hard witnessed my books climb into the top 100. So I think it is just trying to find your target audience really.
Only 60, you lightweight! LOl

Mine's on a par, would be a lot better if I could release my third book. ::)

·
Registered
632 Posts
I was great for the first couple of weeks, but lost some sales for sure, during the hubbub of the freebies.  *shrugs*  I can't blame anyone, I was pretty excited myself!  :)

Sales seem to have picked up again, now that everyone has glutted themselves.  I think I'll end up the same as last month, although, I have sold quite a few of the new book, so that too, makes me happy. :)

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I am lost. What freebies?

A great start to May, and then a near-total freeze for the last 2 weeks.  admit I did cut down on the promotion a lot, though.

congrats to those of you who are doing well--you deserve it for your hard work.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Richardcrasta said:
I am lost. What freebies?

A great start to May, and then a near-total freeze for the last 2 weeks. admit I did cut down on the promotion a lot, though.

congrats to those of you who are doing well--you deserve it for your hard work.
Amazon price-matched a larger number of titles. I believe the total number was over 300.

A lot of people said that their sales dropped during it.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
My sales have been dropping since Easter, which coincided with a couple of one star reviews and then dropping out of the top #100 on Amazon UK. There was talk of a new sales ranking system and I also noticed that books I was competing with in the top #100 have dropped out too. I am wondering if the summer in the UK means more outdoors activities and less reading time.  :-\

1 - 20 of 31 Posts