Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Land Whose Name Must Not Be Mentioned, in the Authors Holding Pen, someone started a thread about great books for the beach. Well I said, as I stroked my beard, "What a great opportunity. I'll tell them not to buy my novel because it is about mysterious objects in the ocean and what happens when they wake up."

My reasoning was that readers would be so intrigued why an author would be screaming, "DON'T BUY MY BOOK!", that they would rush out and buy it to either (1) see what it was all about, or (2) show that they were brave enough to read it on the beach (it's a macho thing, y'know).

It didn't happen, my sales yesterday were the lowest in nine weeks.

Maybe I shouldn't have closed my blurb by saying that if readers buy the book, they shouldn't read it with their backs to the ocean. This is because what they can't see, just might be coming for them. ;)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
AnneMarie Novark said:
LOL, Phil!!!

I don't think that's what affected your sales yesterday. Apparently, there was a mysterious disruption in the Force.

::)
I agree. Yesterday the force wasn't with us. Don't know where it was.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Paul Clayton said:
I agree. Yesterday the force wasn't with us. Don't know where it was.
It certainly wasn't at the Nook or Smashwords stores either. I think someone tripped over the cord and noticed it was out late yesterday afternoon...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts