Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is for Anne and those of you that asked.

I got one of my Medge Platform the executive case today.. (Pebbled Fuschia).. want you to know I love the cases... nice and sturdy.. as a side note I took mine out of the amazon case and it took a good 15 minutes to get it free.. I was worried I was going to break the Kindle!! It was not easy to move the lever.. maybe I got a bad one but as far as DX I am done with hinges.. I notice that no one but amazon is using them for the DX, Medge does not use them either...

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Patrizia: I finally found your post ;D I have already ordered a marbled red Medge Platform Case. I am so happy to hear that you love it. Sugar said she loved hers so I ordered mine then. Thank you for letting me know about the Medge Platform Case. ;D

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would imagine m-edge just doesn't have a supply of the new hinges yet. :\
A coworker got a DX and the new Amazon case [with hinges] and it works extremely well. Actually, with the new magnet closures in the DX case, it would actually be slightly tempting to get the Amazon case for the DX. It works really well, and is one of the things I liked about the stock cover that came with my Sony 500 when I had one

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
patrickb said:
I would imagine m-edge just doesn't have a supply of the new hinges yet. :\
A coworker got a DX and the new Amazon case [with hinges] and it works extremely well. Actually, with the new magnet closures in the DX case, it would actually be slightly tempting to get the Amazon case for the DX. It works really well, and is one of the things I liked about the stock cover that came with my Sony 500 when I had one
I have the Amazon Cover for the DX and I like it. I also liked the Amazon cover for the K2.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yup, I think the hinges work great on my Prodigy K2 cover.

Patricia, just curious... are you still a marketer for Oberon?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Other than the fact it just comes in black, I love the cover for kindle 2 that amazon put out. Like the hinges and the simple design that just makes it look like a book cover. I never understand when people complain about hinges. Its a nice design.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Lisanr said:
Other than the fact it just comes in black, I love the cover for kindle 2 that amazon put out. Like the hinges and the simple design that just makes it look like a book cover. I never understand when people complain about hinges. Its a nice design.
I agree I love the hinges.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Patrick :) thanks for asking...

NOT to be picky , but just an FYI, my name is not Patricia (no worries ,common mistake) its Patrizia (Pa treat zee ah) or you can call me Zia.

just so it's clear I am not now or every have been  a "marketer"  for Oberon at all..

I own a PR company  and my husband and I also own a restaurant here in NC, I happen to like the products alot and have a good rapport with them, I guess with both of us being small business owners we have developed a mutual respect and I not only LOVE the products but they are FANTASTIC people.. it is a small company out of CA, a brother and sister and a handful of employees, that love with they do... I love helping an American company who is making American products.  So I pass along info to keep some of their questions at bay since they are so small and am glad to do it.  They give me info to tell you guys... and if course they are wanting buyers to be happy..

I admit Oberon is my favorite product.. no secrets there though .. LOVE them. But I have many many Medge and  a few Trendy Digital products as well.

short answer :) I do not work for Oberon :) I work for myself.

As far as the hinges.. sorry but for ME.. (and this is just me) I just have a hard time with them.... I was told by Medge (not sure if they knew) but the woman I spoke to said as far as she knew they had no plans to use the hinge for the DX, I dont' know if she was right or if its a patent issue.. not sure.. maybe they will work that out and add them for those that love them.

I KNOW some people love it.. on my K2 I do like the GO cover and found that one I had no issue with..

For me with the DX a hinge makes more sense then the K2, but I just have a hard time with them, liningi them up.. taking them out..

It took me forever to get mine out of the case for amazon, I DO like the magnet feature but and its possible I got one that just was not easily moved.. or it could be the long nails because I had a hard time.. which is good if you dont remove it.. so it depends on the use of course.

I do like the Medge platforms though.. that thing has been terrific, I was worried about the DX one but it turned out great.. very sturdy

·
Registered
168 Posts
oops, sorry, my mothers name is Patricia, so, I reverted to habit. :(

$.02:
As for 'working for Oberon...' You do PR work for Oberon and they've paid you for that PR, right? [cash, or goods]
I think most people would call that a paid representative, and while I certainly have no problem with that, I think it's only fair for you to disclose that fact in your messages when discussing Oberon or competing products.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received a cover for the K1 when I beta tested them as did 30 other people., before they went to market... and a K2 cover as a gift last year in sky blue as a thank you for everything I did in the last year.. which was unexpected. Because I helped find and provide the beta testers for them at no charge or cost. simply because I wanted too.

I mean no disrespect but if you have problem with my posts feel free to avoid them.. I also talk about decalgirl and Medge quite a bit too.. and FYI they do not "pay' me either.

NEITHER of these were secrets.. since all the beta testers were able to discuss it once it was green lit.. and the sky blue cover I posted PHOTOS of on here letting people know it was a new color coming out.. I have not NOW or ever been secretive about it...

Last time I checked this post was created to give my view on the Medge Platform, which I liked.. I make sure my Oberon posts and updates are marked as OBERON so those that would prefer not  to be updated can avoid them.

I will say it one last time , I live in NC, I own a public relations company and part owner in a restaurant, I am self employed.  LOCALLY..

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Patrizia, I do think you've been open about your informal relationship with Oberon, and I see no need to caveat your posts with a disclaimer about it. So, please carry on as you were, folks.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much Harvey... It was starting to feel hostile and that is one of the MANY things I love about this board.. its never hostile.. I dint mind disclosing anything, I have never hid a thing when it comes to my posts.. to be accused of such is really surprising to me, I really appreciate your post!

I am now done addressing is, as per your request (and to my relief) :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HEY thanks to whoever put the picture of the platform up on my post.. MUCh appreciated!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I like the looks of that platform case.

One thing I discovered instantly with the DX: I need to read it propped up on something. It is too heavy to hold easily (the way I hold my K2). The platform case has a lot of appeal for that reason. I am not quite sure how well the fold back Oberon would work (but I am waiting to see the pics).

L

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Leslie said:
I like the looks of that platform case.

One thing I discovered instantly with the DX: I need to read it propped up on something. It is too heavy to hold easily (the way I hold my K2). The platform case has a lot of appeal for that reason. I am not quite sure how well the fold back Oberon would work (but I am waiting to see the pics).

L
Since the DX is so much larger I need the platform case to hold it up. I cannot wait to see what Oberon comes up with. I also cannot wait for Decal Girl to come up with the skins.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Patrizia, one thing you didn't mention, that I'd really like to know about this emedge platform case, does it have the space for the light? Because I don't use it, and as big as the thing is I don't want an extra edge there.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Leslie

I am with you a prop up is a must!!!

Sweetie.. here is the ledge.. they do have it but it seems less in size then the K2 one.. I think all the covers have the light option but its actually kind of nice on the DX case if you want to hold it.. here are the photos

As you can see you can also put it on both sides.. of course if you put the ledge at the top you can't touch the buttons so that only works if you are using TTS (which I do and turned down so it can turn pages for me in fast mode)

Hope these help.. if you need others let me know.. but the case is VERY sturdy.. I am impressed with it.. I have talked to Don and they are going to try to come up with a platform for the DX..

UPDATE: I just talked to Becca on the platform.. they want a case that an do a reading type one and a platform for a side case since they can't do the flip top because of all the wrap designs.. but for me that works as well.. I will keep you posted. So you can have one cover that will do both

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I almost ordered the platform by accident, but I was afraid it wouldn't work for me so I canceled the order (thanks M-Edge for the great, quick response!) and I got the Executive Jacket instead. I would need the case to stand on a bed, which is a surface that may be uneven, so I feared that it wouldn't stand up. A side view of the case when standing would be really helpful, if anyone has one?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts