Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
I am glad to be here. I have a Kindle and it has been life changing - truly- my back was killing me from toting around all those books, and my book habit was incredibly costly ;).
I frequently use Amazon, since it is so easy to download the books to the Kindle (of course!). But, I also use Smashwords as well.
One thing that I am THRILLED to see are the free samples for e-readers and how many writers are offering coupons and special pricing as promotions.
I have published on Amazon for Kindle and on Smashwords for multi eBook formats.
I am looking forward to getting to know more eBook readers and also to find new recommendations for books. My TBR list grows daily :)

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself.

Melinda McGuire Writes

Amazon Author Page - http://www.amazon.com/Melinda-McGuire/e/B004V55JA6/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Nice to meet you! I feel the same way about the Kindle. It's amazing how one little object can change things around. Good luck on your book and I look forward to seeing you around. :)

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hi, Melinda, and welcome aboard.  Glad to have you join us.  Wishing you the best of luck with your book.

Dan --

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome, Melinda. Yeah, once I stopped with the physical books, I never wanted to go back.  :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome, Melinda. There's lots of infor here, so come back often. And let us know how things are going for you, too!
Best success to you in your publishing adventure.
Bailey

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB

Glad you are enjoying your Kindle !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Melinda,

I enjoyed reading the start of your book, 'Josephine...' on Smashwords.  I thought the narrative had a really conversational tone which was effective, and your scene-setting was very vivid.

Best wishes,
Catherine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts