Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each and every one of us that call ourselves Americans should take a moment to thank our soldiers past and present. As I sit here at my keyboard, I know it would not have been possible without the sacrifices these men and women have made for me (and for you).

So, I simply say, thank you.

Though I do not agree with all of the wars and entanglements our government has gotten us in over the years, do not confuse that frustration with my support for you, dear soldier, for your faith in your country is true and just. Though my words may be of little comfort to you, dear solider, know that I am honored by your sacrifices.

·
Registered
768 Posts
My son just got back from Afghanistan and I asked him about reading over there. He told me a lot of soldiers do that in their downtime.

The Indie Book Collective group has some 35 or so authors giving away ebooks to soldiers for anybody who leaves comments at their blogs. I'd suggest one tangible Memorial Day deed for soldiers today would be to take a little time today and visit these blogs and leave comments. You will also get a free ebook from each one too if you want and be entered in for a chance to win a Kindle but IMO this is very secondary to seeing that one soldier gets a free ebook for each unique comment at each author blog. Doesn't cost you anything but a little of your time, if you can spare :)

You can get started on this excellent promotion here with link to the beginning of the daisy chain:
http://indiebookcollective.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/blog-tour-de-troops-is-here/

·
Registered
509 Posts
Todd Russell said:
My son just got back from Afghanistan and I asked him about reading over there. He told me a lot of soldiers do that in their down time.

The Indie Book Collective group has some 35 or so authors giving away ebooks to soldiers for anybody who leaves comments at their blogs. I'd suggest one tangible Memorial Day deed for soldiers today would be to take a little time today and visit these blogs and leave comments. You will also get a free ebook from each one too if you want and be entered in for a chance to win a Kindle but IMO this is very secondary to seeing that one soldier gets a free ebook for each unique comment at each author blog. Doesn't cost you anything but a little of your time, if you can spare :)

You can get started on this excellent promotion here with link to the beginning of the daisy chain:
http://indiebookcollective.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/blog-tour-de-troops-is-here/
That's really cool. I've always known that soldiers read a lot during downtime (I've sent a lot of random books overseas using www.anysoldier.com), but for some reason, it never occurred to me that they'd have e-readers.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Many, many of the authors here (more than 600 I think) are active members of Operation EBook Drop, run by KBer Edward C. Patterson, which provides free eBooks to allied service personnel.

In remembrance of the fallen, I posted A Song for Memorial Day on my blog.

Edit: If you want more information about Operation eBook Drop go here: http://www.operationebookdrop.com/ or search for the related thread which is periodically updated with new information.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts