Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing a little book browsing today and I clicked on the "Genre Fiction" tab of the Fiction section. Right below Horror, I noticed something I'd never noticed before.

Men's Adventure

What in the Sam hill is Men's Adventure and how would it differ from the Action and Adventure category above?

G

·
Mikuto said:
I was doing a little book browsing today and I clicked on the "Genre Fiction" tab of the Fiction section. Right below Horror, I noticed something I'd never noticed before.

Men's Adventure

What in the Sam hill is Men's Adventure and how would it differ from the Action and Adventure category above?
More sex?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Mikuto said:

Men's Adventure

Picture books??
Hunting and fishing??
Sports??

I have no idea!!

G

·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Seriously? Have you read women's genre fiction?

Betsy
I meant "more sex" than in the "Action/Adventure" category. I know no "men's" book is going to have more sex than a bodice-ripper. Cruder sex, maybe, but not more. ;)

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I meant "more sex" than in the "Action/Adventure" category. I know no "men's" book is going to have more sex than a bodice-ripper. Cruder sex, maybe, not not more. ;)
Hey, it ain't just the bodice rippers anymore...but I get your point.

Betsy

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have no idea what men's adventure is, but I am currently reading Gone For a Soldier and enjoying it. But then, I also loved Outlander series and am a huge James Bond movie fan, so I guess I may just be weird. :p

Oh yes, my husband also calls me a computer geek.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
tlshaw said:
But then, I also loved Outlander series and am a huge James Bond movie fan, so I guess I may just be weird. :p
You're not weird, just eclectic. :D

Oh yes, my husband also calls me a computer geek.
I always take "geek" as a great compliment - geeks rock! LOL!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jeff said:
I was actually thinking of moving my books to the Men's Adventure category. So far, only men have read and liked them. Why doesn't that make sense? ???
That's not true....Sheryl was raving about your book. And what about Sailor?

L

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Seriously? Have you read women's genre fiction?
Is there a rolling around on the floor laughing and clutching it's sides smiley?

~robin

·
Registered
677 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
You're not weird, just eclectic. :D
Thanks, I like eclectic better.

I agree, Geeks definitely rule. Especially after my husband's uncle spent $100 for the computer guy to try unsucccessfully to fix his internet connection and I was able to just upgrade his version of MSN and now it works like a charm. I didn't even charge him.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jeff said:
Leslie,

I apologize for making such a flatfooted statement; I usually try to be slipperier than that. ;D

I must have missed Sheryl's comment; I'll try to find it to thank her properly.

Jeff
Oh....wait a minute. I might be way off the mark. I think Sheryl gave a super positive review to Mike's book (In Her Name). I'm sorry, Jeff -- I didn't mean to mix up our two indies authors like that. But I still think Sailor was reading yours and was enjoying it.

Leslie slinks off, hanging head in shame...

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Leslie said:
Oh....wait a minute. I might be way off the mark. I think Sheryl gave a super positive review to Mike's book (In Her Name). I'm sorry, Jeff -- I didn't mean to mix up our two indies authors like that. But I still think Sailor was reading yours and was enjoying it.
I actually knew that Sheryl had claimed to be Mike's number one fan and was letting you off the hook. :)

Sailor doesn't fit any gender generalization insofar as she likes guns, explosions and the American flag as much as she likes to play Kindle dress-up. (I'll bet I get a smoking PM for that comment.) :p

1 - 20 of 69 Posts