Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm signing in quickly to wish all my fellow Kindlers a very Merry Christmas! 

I hope all of you found shiny new Kindles under your tree and are happily in the process of downloading books and reading Leslie's F.A.Q.  I can't wait to hear all the stories when I sign back on later  ;D

Santa didn't bring me a Kindle under the tree, but I didn't expect one, since I'm Mrs. Klaus and I manage the finances  ;)

Santa did, however, bring us no credit card debt and *tremendous joy*  (especially when our kids opened up all their presents!)  and many other continued blessings. 

Today we're going to enjoy a family dinner and go see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button this evening.  Somewhere along the way we hope to watch It's a Wonderful Life, which I recorded earlier for one of our younger kids who has never seen it.  I see a roaring fireplace in our future this evening, too.

How about you?

I

·
0 Posts
I'm getting off work soon.  Then I'll go over to my brother's for some food and to hang out for a while.  I really just want to go home and read "ODD HOURS" and my Kindle needs some recharging time.  Now that I think of it, so do I.  I'd love a nap.  :)

All is good though.  It's a balmy, breezy day with big white clouds in  massive blue sky.

Merry Christmas everyone...only 4 more to go before the end of the world...if you believe the ancient Aztec calendar.  :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone.  I partied all day yesterday at different places and ended up for 11 p.m. church.  Today will be quiet rest,  tidy things up a bit and eat leftovers that were sent home with me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We had our married children and their families over for Christmas Eve dinner last night.  Then we opened presents.  The kids got me a $50 Amazon Gift Card and an M-edge cover for Cubby.  I am a happy camper.  I am now down to $8.35 after downloading books  ::)

Went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button this morning with the DW.  Good but loooonnnnngggg. 

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone!

We had a nice day. We opened Christmas presents in the dining room, since the tree was in the dining room. That was a first but it was nice. We ate coffee cake and drank coffee while we opened the presents. Then we went to my parents house for brunch and more presents. Brunch was great (the famous breakfast casserole) and my mother was telling great stories. Back home at 2 pm and down for a long nap. My son has a big game at 5 pm: Celtics vs. the Lakers. We'll be eating leftover roast beef and my parents will do the same since I brought them "instant Christmas dinner in a box" (leftovers all neatly labeled, plus batter to cook a fresh Yorkshire pudding). All in all, it has been a lovely day.

L

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Here's the most obnoxious thing I came across today... ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Leslie - It sounds as if you had a very nice Christmas, lots of good food and fellowship. 

Glad you could get out in the weather, glad all of you folks "north"  got out that could get out.

Feliz Navidad to all

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
libro said:
I'm signing in quickly to wish all my fellow Kindlers a very Merry Christmas!

I hope all of you found shiny new Kindles under your tree and are happily in the process of downloading books and reading Leslie's F.A.Q. I can't wait to hear all the stories when I sign back on later ;D

Santa didn't bring me a Kindle under the tree, but I didn't expect one, since I'm Mrs. Klaus and I manage the finances ;)

Santa did, however, bring us no credit card debt and *tremendous joy* (especially when our kids opened up all their presents!) and many other continued blessings.

Today we're going to enjoy a family dinner and go see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button this evening. Somewhere along the way we hope to watch It's a Wonderful Life, which I recorded earlier for one of our younger kids who has never seen it. I see a roaring fireplace in our future this evening, too.

How about you?
libro,

It sounds like you had a wonderful and blessed Christmas! You hang in there, I am sure you will find a way to afford a Kindle in the near future without having to compromise your finances! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Angela

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Angela!  Actually, I've been coming back to this board almost daily, despite the fact I haven't even placed a Kindle order.  I hope I don't wear out my welcome before I ever own a Kindle!  Everyone....am I still welcome?

Although we can afford the Kindle at this time, I'm leaning toward waiting for Kindle 2.0, although there are no guarantees I can control myself.  I might wait a few months to hear something if I have enough self-control.  Right now, it seems like the right decision, but who knows what I'll decide tomorrow!

Luckily, our library is undergoing system upgrades and all books are checking out for 2-1/2 months, so this should help keep me patient, together with sharing in all the Kindle joy on board here.  It's such a friendly community here and I'm learning a lot at the same time.

I currently have 15 library books at home.....a few recommended here in The Book Corner, including Bound and The Widow's War.  DD thinks Bound should be made into a movie....not a bad idea.

Thanks for the good wishes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts