Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was visiting my DD while she was in the hospital. I took my Kindle along to read while she rested, went for test ect. ect.

I was there when her doctor came in. He spotted my Kindle sitting on the table in the corner of the room right away. He asked "who has the kindle?". He also has one and like all of us, LOVES it.

It was nice to meet a fellow Kindler. It was the first time this happened to me. I don't think any of my friends even knew what a Kindle was until I got mine.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
First -I hope everything is ok with your daughter, I wish her well.

I've had a K since November and still haven't seen a Kindle or Kindler in the wild.  I'm looking forward to my first experience.  I am amazed at how many people see my Kindle and know what it is.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
farmwife"723" said:
I was visiting my DD while she was in the hospital. I took my Kindle along to read while she rested, went for test ect. ect.

I was there when her doctor came in. He spotted my Kindle sitting on the table in the corner of the room right away. He asked "who has the kindle?". He also has one and like all of us, LOVES it.

It was nice to meet a fellow Kindler. It was the first time this happened to me. I don't think any of my friends even knew what a Kindle was until I got mine.
I love to hear about these sightings in the wild. Hope your daughter is OK, farmwife.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I agree with DD, hope your daughter is well and her tests all come out the way you want them to.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
kyliedork said:
so was the doctor cute? ;)
Don't know if he was cute or not, but I know he was smart - He owned a Kindle!

·
Registered
27 Posts
What's funny is that there are so many people on these boards and yet I, like many others, have never met a fellow kindler.  Although I believe after seeing mine I may have inspired a few people to get one.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
It's fun to share with a fellow kindler. When I was riding the rental car bus back to the airport the other day, there was a man on the bus that had a Kindle. I almost cried, it was nekkid and had no case. His was a KK and he got it for Christmas and it was his first time using it. I still can't believe someone would have a Kindle for 3 1/2 months and just read his first book on it. I was all set to talk about our Kindles, but he looked at me like I was a nutcase, hmm maybe I am.

·
Registered
460 Posts
First off, I hope your daughter is doing well. I've met only a few people outside of my social circle that have Kindles, but I think that will continue to grow.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Kathy said:
It's fun to share with a fellow kindler. When I was riding the rental car bus back to the airport the other day, there was a man on the bus that had a Kindle. I almost cried, it was nekkid and had no case. His was a KK and he got it for Christmas and it was his first time using it. I still can't believe someone would have a Kindle for 3 1/2 months and just read his first book on it. I was all set to talk about our Kindles, but he looked at me like I was a nutcase, hmm maybe I am.
Um, excuse me, Kathy, that's Knutcase. :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well I didn't actually meet the person, but I was sitting in traffic yesterday waiting for a train to go through, and observed the person in the car stopped behind me pick up her Kindle and start reading on it.

Too fun!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kathy said:
That was similar to my experience on the plane two weeks ago with the man next to me and his cold, nekkid "thing." I was all set to talk. He wasn't. Oh well.

L

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hope all is well with your daughter. I have never seen a Kindle in the wild either. It will be interesting to see how I react when I do!!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Farmwife, our thoughts are with your daughter.  Keep us updated.

I have seen one K1 in the wild also.  The gentleman had an Amazon cover.  When I asked him if he was reading a Kindle he kind of grunted at me.  He was definitely not one of "us".
deb

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Tippy said:
He grunted at you? Not only did you find a Kindle in the wild, you found a Kindle Savage to match.
Love that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts