Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***Modified: After a long hiatus due to a new job, Middle Grade Monday restarted this month. Thanks. Feel free to send your info. Oh my goodness, I just realized I started this a year ago. My how time flies... Oh, and also adding to the info. below, I am proud to say that after a year I am a very happy, though still quite poor indie author of several more books. I have loved this last year. Thanks, KB, for being so helpful and encouraging.

Hello. I am a traditionally published picture book author who just stepped her big toe into the self-publishing world on Amazon with a middle grade novel. After a successful "free promotion" two day period that resulted in ZERO sales the first two days after going back to paid (.99), I was very frustrated. While there are many sites that claim success with this free to paid transition for adult genre writers, I have found very little information for middle grade (9-13 year-olds) authors except for reading some really great threads in the writer's cafe forum. It seems, if I am reading the information correctly, that middle grade is still a tough sale despite the number of kindles being sold to families. I totally get it. I run an elementary library and I am a parent of a middle school child. I really do understand. However, (insert stomping foot), I don't like it! :p So, on my blog, www.marcyblesy.com I am starting a new feature called Middle Grade Monday, Kindle for Kids. I want to feature the middle school titles available as Kindle books with book blurbs and cover pictures. It is quite simple and explained in detail on a special tab at the top of my blog. Though today is Sunday and not yet Monday, I ran the feature with my own book today as I envision it looking on Mondays but with more books than just one featured. If you are interested in this FREE offer, please check out my blog. I have found a marketing need with the middle grade genre, and I hope to help close the gap. Thanks, and best wishes. Tell your friends. :)

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
MarcyBlesy said:
Hello. I am a traditionally published picture book author who just stepped her big toe into the self-publishing world on Amazon with a middle grade novel. After a successful "free promotion" two day period that resulted in ZERO sales the first two days after going back to paid (.99), I was very frustrated. While there are many sites that claim success with this free to paid transition for adult genre writers, I have found very little information for middle grade (9-13 year-olds) authors except for reading some really great threads in the writer's cafe forum. It seems, if I am reading the information correctly, that middle grade is still a tough sale despite the number of kindles being sold to families. I totally get it. I run an elementary library and I am a parent of a middle school child. I really do understand. However, (insert stomping foot), I don't like it! :p So, on my blog, www.marcyblesy.com I am starting a new feature called Middle Grade Monday, Kindle for Kids. I want to feature the middle school titles available as Kindle books with book blurbs and cover pictures. It is quite simple and explained in detail on a special tab at the top of my blog. Though today is Sunday and not yet Monday, I ran the feature with my own book today as I envision it looking on Mondays but with more books than just one featured. If you are interested in this FREE offer, please check out my blog. I have found a marketing need with the middle grade genre, and I hope to help close the gap. Thanks, and best wishes. Tell your friends. :)

Thanks. Will send details.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a good number for tomorrow as I don't want to get too many for people to read through. Any more blurbs I get will be used for next Monday's feature. I will send the link here so you see what I am doing tomorrow. Thanks for supporting each other's goal to publish middle grade novels as e-books! :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem. I am getting lots of response. I hope it translates into sales for all of us! I will retweet, too. @marcyblesy

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi. Just giving you an update to my blog offering yesterday promoting middle grade books available as Kindle editions. The traffic on my blog was way up from a typical day which is great. I already have 5 more listings to go next Monday with more coming in every day. If tons of people still contact me, I will do two days a week instead of one. If you need more information, visit the tab on my blog that explains what I am doing and what I need from you in terms of your blurb, cover, etc. There is no charge. The only thing I ask is that you consider purchasing my middle grade novel, Confessions of a Corn Kid. Thanks, and happy selling! www.marcyblesy.com

:)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hi Marcy,
I sent an email with all the information on my middle grade fantasy series. I've got the third book coming out in the next 2 months. I'm working on the proofs right now. Would love some promotion to get the series out there. That way when the third book releases, there will be anticipation for it. ;-)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have enough middle grade authors contacting me, that next week I am going to publish "Middle Grade Monday" AND "Middle Grade Mid-Week" Blogs featuring some of the middle grade books I have been sent via my blog contact page. :) Thanks.

Also, if you are curious, here are the results of my kindle two-day free promo: www.marcyblesy.com I am challenging my readers to leave more Amazon reviews.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My blog is all set to go on Monday with Janet N., Bryan T., Sybil H., and Scott C. Due to the popularity, there will be a Middle Grade Mid-Week next Thursday that will feature Rachael W., Maggie D., Robert S., and JT C. I am placing people on the feature in the order received. I have others slated for March 4th and March 7th. Feel free to check out the blog tab at www.marcyblesy.com to see the instructions for sending me the info. for your middle grade books. The service is free. I just ask that you consider purchasing my middle grade novel, Confessions of a Corn Kid (about a small town girl's big dreams with a bully and plenty of drama in the way). Thank you. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's a great intitiative, Marcy, I'll be sending mine over soon. :)

You and other MG writers might be interested in the Goodreads Great Middle Grade Reads group if you are Goodreads members. It's a fun community and we've done some promos together, but it's mainly for people reading books! Also the Kid Lit Blog Hop includes MG as well as younger links. My world has transformed since finding these.

It would be great to meet everyone mentioned here (I know some of you ;) )

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
jemima_pett said:
That's a great intitiative, Marcy, I'll be sending mine over soon. :)

You and other MG writers might be interested in the Goodreads Great Middle Grade Reads group if you are Goodreads members. It's a fun community and we've done some promos together, but it's mainly for people reading books! Also the Kid Lit Blog Hop includes MG as well as younger links. My world has transformed since finding these.

It would be great to meet everyone mentioned here (I know some of you ;) )
Thanks for the links. Have you done any advertising with the Mother Daughter blog, and if so, what were the results? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts