Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have had a chance to read quite a bit of the FAQs for the Kindle but I haven't come across this one... I just might not have gotten that far yet, but it's been on my mind....

Is there any way to have one Kindle attached to two different accounts?
Right now I'm on an account with my mom. I would like to stay on my mom's account so we can share books, but also have one of my own so I don't always have to go through her to get my books. She isn't one to just give up her password to me so I will have to go through her to get a new book everytime and I read really fast so that could get troublesome....

·
Registered
366 Posts
The only way to do that is to register and deregister continually between the 2 accounts.  You can't have it registered on 2 accounts at once though.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
If you are on your mom's account, you can buy books directly from your Kindle, so you are not required to "go through" her, ie, get on her account with her password. Of course, she'll be charged for the books you buy. But if you give her a giftcard for some amount of money and then keep track of what you spend, you could cover your own purchases.

I have three other people on my account and that's the way they do it: buy from their Kindles. None of them have my login or password or access to my amazon account.

I think registering/deregistering all the time from one account to the other could be problematic.

L

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok now one more question about this... if I download something directly to my Kindle will my mom also be able to put it on hers?

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
If your Mothers Kindle is registered on your account she will be able to download the book you downloaded directly to your Kindle. A book downloaded to the Kindle will appear on your Kindle account and can be sent to another Kindle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahahahaha, no, I'm allowed read whatever I want now. I just wanted to make sure I could share with her aswell since she's been so generous with me!

G

·
Anything you two buy on the same account can be used by up to 6 Kindles on the same account except for periodicals I think like news papers.  Not sure about that.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Vampyre said:
Anything you two buy on the same account can be used by up to 6 Kindles on the same account except for periodicals I think like news papers. Not sure about that.
Right. If you have a subscription to a newspaper or magazine, that can only be viewed on one Kindle. You can't share periodicals. Of course, you can share Kindles...ie, hand mom your Kindle to read your newspaper subscription.

L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts