Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking everywhere for an adapter that doesn't include the light - since I already have a light, and don't really want another one. I can't find any. I did an eBay search, and came across ones that have a different tip. Can I get some help?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheesh! The price of those adaptors are about as expensive as paying a few more books to get another light. I think I just might wait for the Decalgirl skins, and buy another light with an adaptor then, so it'll match the skin.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Annie said:
Sheesh! The price of those adaptors are about as expensive as paying a few more books to get another light. I think I just might wait for the Decalgirl skins, and buy another light with an adaptor then, so it'll match the skin.
It's up to you, Annie, but I recommend the black colored light. I have the lighter colored ones (lime green and hot pink) and there is somtimes a light shining back at me through the light colored light housing. The black one does not do that. I fine it annoying, but you might not mind it. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, black goes with everything. :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So true with the black. I actually have a hot pink light too, but I've never noticed that before. I'll have to think it over. I don't want to buy it, and not like it later.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have the purple one with the adapter.  I haven't noticed the light shining back at me through the top.  The purple is dark enough to prevent that and more opaque than translucent.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I started out with the silver/grey mighty bright,and then ordered a hot pink one. I definitely can notice that some of the light from within the hot pink one comes out the top.
The silver/grey one doesn't do that at all.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What is the difference between the kindle version of this light and the regular version? (besides 5 dollars...lol) Also, do you read in total darkness with this or with some low lighting? I've never read with a book light and am tempted to try after reading so many threads about this light.

·
Registered
921 Posts
lol  I didn't know there was a Kindle version of the light.  I have the one that didn't say anything about being the Kindle version and it's works just fine.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I always love how you can buy a combo of something and then if you only need one piece of the combo, it is almost as much as the combo itself

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheerio said:
I always love how you can buy a combo of something and then if you only need one piece of the combo, it is almost as much as the combo itself
Totally agree with you on that. It's so annoying.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
lisa.m said:
What is the difference between the kindle version of this light and the regular version? (besides 5 dollars...lol) Also, do you read in total darkness with this or with some low lighting? I've never read with a book light and am tempted to try after reading so many threads about this light.
There's no difference anyone has found.

I read in mostly in total darkness, but I do use it as supplemental light as well. I've hated every other book light I've owned, but this one I love. Well worth the money!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I use my mighty bright in total darkness. I live in the country with no outdoor or indoor lights. This booklight is perfect even when using in total darkness.

The best book light by far that I've ever owned.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the Mighty Brights that I find at the bookstore because they give you a variety of designs. I'm seriously thinking about going back today and getting this light that I really want, just because of the design. ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
love2read said:
I use my mighty bright in total darkness. I live in the country with no outdoor or indoor lights. This booklight is perfect even when using in total darkness.

The best book light by far that I've ever owned.
No indoor lights? Interesting.
deb

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Okay, that makes sense.  Thanks for clarifying. 
I did know a woman though that lived in the country and for four years or so had no electricity.  It was just too expensive for them to bring it to their house. 
deb

·
Registered
469 Posts
We have electricity. But living in the country there are no street lights. Plus we live on a dead-end street so there is almost no traffic. Once the lights go out at night the only indoor light is from the moon if we have a cloudless night, so it can be really dark especially in the summer when the leaves block even more of the moon light from coming in. So my Mighty Bright light works really well for me at night.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts