Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading up on the Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 booklight....and on Amazon next to the black one it says "Kindle Version" - $19.99

http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-XtraFlex2-Kindle-Version/dp/B000TXZIDM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?tag=kbpst-20

Found the same light at Barnes n Noble's site...and just says "Might Bright XtraFlex2 LED Booklight"- $14.95

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Home-gift/Mighty-Bright-Black-Xtraflex-2-LED-Booklight/e/9781933622453/?cds2Pid=24929#TABS

They seem to be identical....Or am I missing something...? LOL!! Where does the supposed "Kindle Version" come into play?? Or does it?
I have a Barnes n Noble giftcard I could use + being it's cheaper, $14.95...NO Brainer!

Just thought I'd pose that ? to you K pros/owners that own this light....as to if there's a difference or not.

Thx!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think they are exactly the same light. I got my Might Bright XtraFlex 2 at Borders so that I didn't have to wait to get it or pay for shipping.

I think they are just advertizing it as a Kindle light so that it comes up in searches for Kindle accessories. But it can be used on any type of book or stand alone.

There is another one on Amazon for about $22.00 that comes with an electrical adaptor so you can save on batteries.

I personally use rechargeable batteries so that I don't have the cord hanging down and I don't need to be sitting near an electical outlet.

You will absolutely love the Mighty Bright. Just make sure the one you get at borders and the two lights on one head. I use the different brightnesses frequently.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx to you both!!!  :)  LOL just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...LOL!!

Cool...now whenever I'm out...I can use my Barnes n Noble giftcard for it! That works!  ;)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I ordered a white MightyBright XtraFlex2 from amazon but 2 of my sisters and my mom both got theirs from Barnes and Noble. All of the lights are exactly the same, NO difference at all except for colors.

Tomorrow we are going to borders because I want a pink paisley one but thats just because It sounds cute!  :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Amazon actually raised the price on this after the K2 was released. I had it in my shopping cart while waiting for the K2 to ship back in Feb, and it was $12.88. I got the shopping cart notice about a price change, so I ordered it on Feb 18....at $10.19!
The price went steadily upward after the K2 shipped, and has stayed where it is now @$19.99.

By all means, get it cheaper if you can! I don't think Amazon is going to lower it as long as it is linked to "official" K2 accessories...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
koolmnbv said:
I ordered a white MightyBright XtraFlex2 from amazon but 2 of my sisters and my mom both got theirs from Barnes and Noble. All of the lights are exactly the same, NO difference at all except for colors.

Tomorrow we are going to borders because I want a pink paisley one but thats just because It sounds cute! :)
Ahhh, good to know that they are exactly the same! Thx!!! Pink paisley....Hmm...ya that does sound cute!! ;)

[quote author=Marine Mom]
Amazon actually raised the price on this after the K2 was released. I had it in my shopping cart while waiting for the K2 to ship back in Feb, and it was $12.88. I got the shopping cart notice about a price change, so I ordered it on Feb 18....at $10.19!
The price went steadily upward after the K2 shipped, and has stayed where it is now @$19.99.

By all means, get it cheaper if you can! I don't think Amazon is going to lower it as long as it is linked to "official" K2 accessories...[/quote]

Ya, I was like $19.99?? WTH!?! Nope. Thought..."let me confirm they are indeed the same cuz no way am I going 2 pay that price when I can get it for CHEAPER!! Thx! :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have this light and agree...no difference and you will love it.

FYI -- One thing I heard from others on Kindleboards that have the light in colors other than black is that you can get some light "seepage" through the colored plastic (since the plastic is lighter in color) and it can be distracting while you read. This doesn't happen with the black light (mine is black).

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Wunderkind said:

FYI -- One thing I heard from others on Kindleboards that have the light in colors other than black is that you can get some light "seepage" through the colored plastic (since the plastic is lighter in color) and it can be distracting while you read. This doesn't happen with the black light (mine is black).
That is good to know. I don't have a light, yet. In fact I've resisted one for over a year. But I was wishing I had one last night when I was reading on the couch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wunderkind said:

Thx!!! I had thought about the purple one...but decided just to get a black one. So, LOL I guess that works! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts