Kindle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Nah, that's not libel. Not in the USA anyway. If it were, the links below would be filled with libel. Lots of libel.

Do your own research to find out whether these things might be scams or not. Then make your own decision. Don't believe any single poster's opinion. Add up the weight of reports and decide for yourself where you want to send your hard-earned money.

Here's a few I found on page 1 of a search:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/gh23d7/mikkelsen_twins_scam/

https://www.scampulse.com/mikkelsen-twins-reviews

https://scambusters.org/eviltwin.html

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I'll repeat what I said earlier upthread: one is probably much better off getting advice from places like KB (and perhaps a few indie author reddits and other forums) where real indie authors hang out. Some of them -- including a couple in this thread -- are quite successful and can give a newbie better advice. Shortcuts can get you into trouble.

·
Registered
13,280 Posts
It's irrelevant. You can't do this anymore. If anything, ACX is now scamming back at these people (and us) by encouraging people to return audiobooks. I'm 100% sure that get-rich-quick books attract a particular crowd that just luuuuuurves returning books.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
ShayneRutherford said:
Yep. Another first-time poster protesting that even though it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's definitely not a duck. I'm so surprised. ::)
And months later, yet. Somebody's income from the courses must be dropping, time to call in the calvery to get the money flowing.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
clare30690 said:
I was also curious, and finally, I thought I'd give it a try. Thinking about the worst-case I'll ask for a refund. But when I joined the course, and the FB community group I realized that this really works. All you need is to learn and show the dedication to apply what you learn. The results are not the same for everyone, I just started week 2 of the course now and tbh I learned a lot. Not sure if I'm gonna get the results like others in the group who's making 10k or more p.m. but it's worth the price and a legitimate one. They do live Q&A call biweekly, this made me satisfied that people are real and I can ask all my questions.
You sound familiar. Did you, by any chance, give similar testimonials to all those affiliate marketing gurus, you know the ones with the secret code to make six figures a month and have pictures of yachts, mansions and Lamborghinis all over their newsletters.

Still we need a laugh after this year and I do so enjoy these pathetic little attempts to legitimatise what is obviously a con with a great bit capital C.

·
Registered
229 Posts
westlake503 said:
I hear you and your caution with online money-making programs. However, this is LIBELOUS. They're not scams.
If they are scams, then scores of real students who vouch for them are also scams.
Hahahahah....hahahAHAHAHAHAHAhahahah..hahaha...hahah...ha

Oh wait, you were serious.

Okay, then know this.

That's not how it works. Many would be too embarrassed to have dropped that amount of money on a course that could potentially damage their KDP account to say anything. Who likes to admit to the world that they got bilked out of their money?

·
Registered
660 Posts
antcurious said:
Absolutely nothing dodgy about this 1st post at all.
My thought exactly. Nothing like a first-time poster singing the praises of a $1000 scam course! But I'm sure it's legit. ::)

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
DmGuay said:
My thought exactly. Nothing like a first-time poster singing the praises of a $1000 scam course! But I'm sure it's legit. ::)
The interesting thing is how they think we are going to fall for the: 'I took the scam course and it was worth every cent'?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Versions of the Mikkelson Twins' routine have been around since Amazon first allowed POD self-published books back in the early 2000s. It also existed in the blogosphere, when the blogosphere was a thing. This is not new.

Here's how it works:

1. Offer generic advice about how the audience can "get rich quick" publishing---usually by repurposing generic content.
2. Sell expensive courses that offer generic advice and "shortcuts to success".
3. Tell students that you're making millions repurposing generic content yourself. (And they can do it, too!)

Since the early 2000s, there have literally been thousands of operators who have done this. The Mikkelsons are youthful and hip, and they're comfortable on camera. But there is nothing new about any of it.

Back around 2001, there were people teaching folks how to package nonfiction "reports" to sell on Amazon, by repurposing general information that was freely available on the web.

It isn't exactly a "scam". I'm sure the twins have been smart enough to tell students that their results may vary.

Before Amazon self-pubbing, there were "gurus" telling people how to make generic websites (content mills) for Adsense revenue.

I've watched the Mikkelsons' videos. Everything they do screams "content mill". Content mills can occasionally make a small amount of money. There is nothing illegal about any of it. But content mills mostly make money for the people who sell courses teaching others how to make content mills themselves.

I would bet anyone here dollars to donuts that the twins make most of their money (upwards of 90%) through their "students". That is always how it works with these things.

westlake503 said:
I hear you and your caution with online money-making programs. However, this is LIBELOUS. They're not scams.
If they are scams, then scores of real students who vouch for them are also scams. Who would want that sort of publicity?
Also, on their videos and course sales page, they clearly have Disclaimers about their income. I know people don't read the fine
print, but it's there.

As someone who would have paid 3X's the course, I found the Mikkelsen Twins' course to be legitimate.
It's not easy and it can't be simplified to a few lines as people in this thread have done. It's doable, but there are intricate parts
that do require deep training. I think the business model is interesting as it does focus on Kindle audio books exclusively.
Think about the opportunities in ASMR, language acquisition, hypnosis, PTSD, etc.

In their private FB group, you'll see dozens of people posting their wins. (It's a real positive bunch.) That is worth more than the course,
IMHO. It's a group people of trying to make it all work! Honesty, since the course is a kinda expensive, there are people in there
doing everything they can to break even quickly. Some do it in a few months and others fall off and never finish the course.
However, the business model does work and it's always being updated to be relevant.

The bi-monthly live coaching calls are hard for me since the time zone does not line up, but I just watch the replays.
Unfortunately, that means that I don't get my question answered immediately. They do have someone doing customer service beyond
the FB group moderator help.

So yes, it does sound too good to be true. And yes, only people who complete the looooong course and execute the tasks make any money.
And yes, these two have a personality that people can love or pick on. I get all of that. But as far as their course, it's NOT a scam.
If you don't like them or the business, let it be and move on. But it's not right to talk about something you don't know anything about because you're on the outside purely speculating!

What you'll learn about any money-making idea is that if others have replicated a trainer's results perfectly, there might be something to it.
If you have the right mindset and you execute relentlessly to achieve the desired result, you'll make it.
However, that's what is probably not stressed enough in ANY online program. Relentless entrepreneurs are hard to find.
People who fail to see the logic in that will never succeed. These guys might not be your favorite and the money does sounds too good to be true, but I've personally chatted to many people in this course to find the claim that the Mikkelsen twins are a scam. In fact, I find them to be incredibly supportive. Feel free to DM for any Q.s

·
Registered
660 Posts
westlake503 said:
If they are scams, then scores of real students who vouch for them are also scams. Who would want that sort of publicity?
Also, on their videos and course sales page, they clearly have Disclaimers about their income. I know people don't read the fine
print, but it's there.

As someone who would have paid 3X's the course, I found the Mikkelsen Twins' course to be legitimate.
It's not easy and it can't be simplified to a few lines as people in this thread have done. It's doable, but there are intricate parts
that do require deep training. I think the business model is interesting as it does focus on Kindle audio books exclusively.
Think about the opportunities in ASMR, language acquisition, hypnosis, PTSD, etc.

In their private FB group, you'll see dozens of people posting their wins. (It's a real positive bunch.) That is worth more than the course,
IMHO. It's a group people of trying to make it all work! Honesty, since the course is a kinda expensive, there are people in there
doing everything they can to break even quickly. Some do it in a few months and others fall off and never finish the course.
However, the business model does work and it's always being updated to be relevant.

The bi-monthly live coaching calls are hard for me since the time zone does not line up, but I just watch the replays.
Unfortunately, that means that I don't get my question answered immediately. They do have someone doing customer service beyond
the FB group moderator help.

So yes, it does sound too good to be true. And yes, only people who complete the looooong course and execute the tasks make any money.
And yes, these two have a personality that people can love or pick on. I get all of that. But as far as their course, it's NOT a scam.
If you don't like them or the business, let it be and move on. But it's not right to talk about something you don't know anything about because you're on the outside purely speculating!

What you'll learn about any money-making idea is that if others have replicated a trainer's results perfectly, there might be something to it.
If you have the right mindset and you execute relentlessly to achieve the desired result, you'll make it.
However, that's what is probably not stressed enough in ANY online program. Relentless entrepreneurs are hard to find.
People who fail to see the logic in that will never succeed. These guys might not be your favorite and the money does sounds too good to be true, but I've personally chatted to many people in this course to find the claim that the Mikkelsen twins are a scam. In fact, I find them to be incredibly supportive. Feel free to DM for any Q.s
Yep. I'm sure the handful of first time ever posts here defending a $1000 course are totally legit!!!!
Come on, people.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
This sort of thing has been around forever. Before the Internet, before television, even. Ads in the backs of magazines promising tons of money stuffing envelopes. Ads saying you could make good money doing simple crafts. Back in the early 90s or so, it was drop shipping wonderful items you sold out of a catalog. Make a fortune from that one, for sure. Later on it was the buy and sell real estate deal. These days it's publishing books and watching the millions of passive income roll in. You can hire a ghostwriter for $5 to give you all the short pamphlets you need! The only trick to it is that the people selling the secret are the only ones who make money from it, because it's a con. Send me some money, I'll let you in on the secret, multiply by the thousands.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There's a YouTube channel called Coffeezilla and the central premise of his channel is debunking and calling out the proliferation of scam artists, gurus and MLMers out there. Mikkelson Twins are ripe for a dedicated episode.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I mean, yeah, anytime someone is going to sell you a secret, I feel like it's a good idea to steer clear.  This is the business model of someone who doesn't sell a product.  Like, Microsoft doesn't offer courses on how to make computers, they just sell you the computers.  If their advice worked so well, then they'd probably just be using it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Years ago I watched a late nigh infomercial selling some course which I cannot remember. So I rang them and asked, does this course really work?
She assured me it did. There were thousands who have made a career and good money from it.

I then asked why is she answering phones for ten bucks an hour?

She hung up.

:)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Trioxin 245 said:
Years ago I watched a late nigh infomercial selling some course which I cannot remember. So I rang them and asked, does this course really work?
She assured me it did. There were thousands who have made a career and good money from it.

I then asked why is she answering phones for ten bucks an hour?

She hung up.

:)
Bwhaha...yep!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some Random Guy said:
And another first post that doesn't smell like elephant dung at all. Nothing dodgy here, especially not the bolded parts and the screams of libel. How is it that you shills aren't smart enough to post something that doesn't scream bullcrap?
Brilliant ad hominem. That's what the illogical do. You should write cards. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
unkownwriter said:
And months later, yet. Somebody's income from the courses must be dropping, time to call in the calvery to get the money flowing.
*cavalry

New to kboards. Is that really so bad? Didn't know that disqualified me. I must be a hack!
Everyone has their two cents. A question was asked and I had bought the course to answer it. Assuming I'm not the course creator, doesn't that give me some sort of legitimacy?

Who else here has done that? And if they haven't, are their common words a pontification? Treat it like a court case. Where's the proof to back their claim?
I got income reports from deploying the program. How about you? I think these guys are nice. I could be dead-wrong, but I wasn't born yesterday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
jb1111 said:
Another fellow KBoarder posted a couple links to their videos a few months back. They reminded me of Wayne's World without the air guitar.

There are probably tons of people trying to make money telling you how to make a fast buck on the Zon.

Some of them may be legit, I wouldn't really know personally as don't follow any of them. I'd rather trust what I read here and a couple other places where the actual authors hang out. Just my two cents on it.
Okay, that was kinda funny about the Wayne's World thing. I see that. However, the more interesting thing you said was trusting what you read here! This is where I got scammed into buying an eBook on publishing. It was utter rubbish.

·
Registered
100 Posts
westlake503, can you really blame the skeptical? You have no posting history aside from an overlong defense of obvious scammers and ridiculous accusations of libel. Do you really expect us to believe this is how a fellow author would introduce themselves to a segment of their own community?

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

I suppose it's possible you were born yesterday, but my guess is it's you who think we were.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts