Kindle Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Son, when I ad hominem, it's about as logical as it gets. And I make more money writing books, something your sort should try. Oh - but I forget, those who can do, those who can't, offer shady classes on how to do something they can't. Yep, elephant dung all right. And that, my boy, is what the smart folks call logic.
I don't believe YOU as much as you don't believe my review. So be it. But study logic. You're still throwing out Ad Hominem, "boy/son"! Fact. I hope people see that bullying and name-calling is wrong and illogical. Maybe they will, if "smart folk" indeed can process. Civility IS a virtue. If you Don't have an argument, you cut people down and call them names. If the proof and science is there, the real smarties will see that. I should believe your success no more than I should believe the M's success. Weird, huh?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are legitimate, then you really shouldn't take these things personally. Anybody would be glad that you took the course, got good info, and it helped your writing career. People posting skepticism of the course doesn't really affect you, the person who has benefited from them. You still maintain your benefit, and if anything you have an advantage over anyone who is skeptical.

If you are not legitimate, then by all means, continue to go out of your way to make this into an argument.
I see where you're coming from, but the comments here do affect someone personally if they're personal! Hello! Isn't that the REAL argument? But keep telling people how they should feel. Brilliant.

Anyhow, I've come to the conclusion that 100% of online courses are scams. You're not allowed to pat someone on the back for making a course that by-golly, worked and made you some money. This is all a simulation. ;)

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
I see where you're coming from, but the comments here do affect someone personally if they're personal! Hello! Isn't that the REAL argument? But keep telling people how they should feel. Brilliant.

Anyhow, I've come to the conclusion that 100% of online courses are scams. You're not allowed to pat someone on the back for making a course that by-golly, worked and made you some money. This is all a simulation. ;)
If you did get good, actionable information out of the course you should be glad that no one else wants to take it, because as soon as a bunch of people start to implement the advice from a course, its effectiveness usually drops by quite a lot.

Also, you're brand new to the forum, and you're flogging a course that's been created by people who are known scammers. Can you not see why the people here might have some doubts? If you'd actually come here to participate in more of the discussions instead of just this one thread, people might be more convinced that you're coming from a good place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 100% sure whatever I say about these guys will be ridiculed. That's what people do here. But you asked, so I answered. I took the course so I'm not pontificating. I do know know these guys personally. DM me and I'll show you my income reports.

Firstly, I hear you and your caution with online money-making programs. However, this is LIBELOUS. They're not scams.
If they are scams, then scores of real students who vouch for them are also scams. Who would want that sort of publicity? It's their face everywhere and the twins spend a lot of money on ads, as you know. I supposed we all got scammed and no one wants to admit it. Honestly, that's a lot of money to be scammed for. If it were true, you'd hear a lot about it.
Also, on their videos and course sales page, they clearly have Disclaimers about their income and results. I know people don't read the fine
print, but it's there. Caveat emptor.

As someone who would have paid 3X's the course, I found the Mikkelsen Twins' course to be legitimate--a minority opinion here.
It's not easy and it can't be simplified to a few lines as people in this thread have done. It's doable, but there are intricate parts
that do require deep training. In one YT video, they even said it could take 6 months to a year to get results. Some make money far sooner, but that's pretty transparent to me. What scam artist would say that? I think the business model is interesting as it does focus on Kindle audio books exclusively.
Think about the opportunities in ASMR, language acquisition, hypnosis, PTSD, etc.

In their private FB group, you'll see dozens of people posting their wins. (It's a real positive bunch.) That is worth more than the course,
IMHO. It's a group people of trying to make it all work! Honesty, since the course is a kinda expensive, there are people in there
doing everything they can to break even quickly. They don't want to be taken. Some do it in a few months and others fall off and never finish the course.
However, the business model does work and it's always being updated to be relevant. --All of which I don't pay attention to.

The bi-monthly live coaching calls are hard for me since the time zone does not line up, but I just watch the replays.
Unfortunately, that means that I don't get my question answered immediately. They do have someone doing customer service beyond
the FB group moderator help.

So yes, it does sound too good to be true. And yes, only people who complete the looooong course and execute the tasks make any money.
And yes, these two have a personality that people can love or pick on. I get all of that. But as far as their course, it's NOT a scam.
If you don't like them or the business, let it be and move on. But it's not right to talk about something you don't know anything about because you're on the outside purely speculating!

What you'll learn about any money-making idea is that if others have replicated a trainer's results perfectly, there might be something to it.
If you have the right mindset and you execute relentlessly to achieve the desired result, you'll make it.
However, that's what is probably not stressed enough in ANY online program. Relentless entrepreneurs are hard to find.
People who fail to see the logic in that will never succeed. These guys might not be your favorite and the money does sounds too good to be true, but I've personally chatted to many people in this course to find the claim that the Mikkelsen twins are a scam. In fact, I find them to be incredibly supportive. Feel free to DM for any Q.s
--------
Update: So what I'm getting from the replies are that:
1. A first-time commenter here gets disrespect for being new.
2. No one here actually took the course.
3. Cynicism and trolling prevails.

Well, it is what it is! However, I'm here because I was bored on Reddit. Forgive me for not having 1M comments here.
Also, as someone who has been burnt by so-called online gurus ($1,000+), I found this course and FB group great.
I guess some people won't believe me, but that's their prerogative. I know what transpired. But think for one second before the snide cynicism rears its ugly head again. What if 100 of the 100,000,000 courses out there are actually legit? Is everyone successful online educator a fraud? That's just dumb thinking.

People's criteria for evaluation has to be better. Yes, lots of scams out there, but not everyone is a crook. If there were a way I could whisk you into the FB group and have you talk to several of my chums about the kind of money they were making with this program, that might add more legitimacy. No one has a reason to lie or save face. People know if they are not successful, it's because they didn't do what the map laid out. It's kind of a lot and online course completion is at an all-time low. There are many reasons for not making money with a course you believed in. I was one of them with so many other courses I failed at. I just found this one different.

Beat up on these guys all you want. This doesn't affect me. I'm just telling it like is from someone who spent their hard-earned money on the program. You don't have to believe anyone here. The internet has minted more millionaires than any other platform, so something has to work online. And as far as people thinking their method is generic and broad, it's actually pretty specialized. The numerous tactics I've never hard of and I'm a veteran in publishing.

But I get it, everything I say will be dismissed with an unsubstantiated pithy remark because that's what the craven do. They pontificate on things from afar having never actually experienced something for real. I can criticize a lot of things having never done it. I suggest people stay level-headed and skeptical of all online programs, but also study logic and facts. Criticize judiciously. Don't go off speculation and triple-hearsay. I'm okay with anyone ignoring that. My audiobooks will still be making me money despite what you think.

If you think they're scams, be a man and do something about it, build a better business model, get your own legion of backers. Something tells me that if you become successful legitimately, you'll get 20+ comments about how you're a scam too. Maybe you'll have a grateful student stand up for you because they enjoyed your course. But that won't matter, right? Everything is a scam.
I was going to comment but you have summed up all of my thoughts perfectly.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
The best thing about this thread is, the Unk scam defender guy keeps it going--which helps spread the word to real authors not to take the course, and makes it more and more clear why not. Thanks, Unk! Kind of like those convicted criminals who keep protesting despite overwhelming evidence. Or even politicians. "I did not have intercourse with that black hat tactic..."

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Yep. Because all new author-posters just happen to jump into a thread like this with breathless praise of questionable services.

Not "Hi I'm new to KBoards and I just wrote a book and I was wondering about this whole indie thing..." which is what legit first post usually looks like.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
It seems that since the forum changed, I no longer get notifications of threads I was following before it changed. I had no idea this one was still going. It reminds me of a certain person who kept insisting he had won, despite all evidence to the contrary.
@New posters who have jumped in just to defend what we all know is BS - Don't you realise yet how stupid you all sound?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was also curious, and finally, I thought I'd give it a try. Thinking about the worst-case I'll ask for a refund. But when I joined the course, and the FB community group I realized that this really works. All you need is to learn and show the dedication to apply what you learn. The results are not the same for everyone, I just started week 2 of the course now and tbh I learned a lot. Not sure if I'm gonna get the results like others in the group who's making 10k or more p.m. but it's worth the price and a legitimate one. They do live Q&A call biweekly, this made me satisfied that people are real and I can ask all my questions.

This def seems like them. This comment does not scream REAL in any way shape or form, just my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love to hear more from you about this, as 'm very interested in the course. IDK where to private message you. I'd love to see some real income reports that show you havw made money doing this. Thank you for your time.

I'm 100% sure whatever I say about these guys will be ridiculed. That's what people do here. But you asked, so I answered. I took the course so I'm not pontificating. I do know know these guys personally. DM me and I'll show you my income reports.

Firstly, I hear you and your caution with online money-making programs. However, this is LIBELOUS. They're not scams.
If they are scams, then scores of real students who vouch for them are also scams. Who would want that sort of publicity? It's their face everywhere and the twins spend a lot of money on ads, as you know. I supposed we all got scammed and no one wants to admit it. Honestly, that's a lot of money to be scammed for. If it were true, you'd hear a lot about it.
Also, on their videos and course sales page, they clearly have Disclaimers about their income and results. I know people don't read the fine
print, but it's there. Caveat emptor.

As someone who would have paid 3X's the course, I found the Mikkelsen Twins' course to be legitimate--a minority opinion here.
It's not easy and it can't be simplified to a few lines as people in this thread have done. It's doable, but there are intricate parts
that do require deep training. In one YT video, they even said it could take 6 months to a year to get results. Some make money far sooner, but that's pretty transparent to me. What scam artist would say that? I think the business model is interesting as it does focus on Kindle audio books exclusively.
Think about the opportunities in ASMR, language acquisition, hypnosis, PTSD, etc.

In their private FB group, you'll see dozens of people posting their wins. (It's a real positive bunch.) That is worth more than the course,
IMHO. It's a group people of trying to make it all work! Honesty, since the course is a kinda expensive, there are people in there
doing everything they can to break even quickly. They don't want to be taken. Some do it in a few months and others fall off and never finish the course.
However, the business model does work and it's always being updated to be relevant. --All of which I don't pay attention to.

The bi-monthly live coaching calls are hard for me since the time zone does not line up, but I just watch the replays.
Unfortunately, that means that I don't get my question answered immediately. They do have someone doing customer service beyond
the FB group moderator help.

So yes, it does sound too good to be true. And yes, only people who complete the looooong course and execute the tasks make any money.
And yes, these two have a personality that people can love or pick on. I get all of that. But as far as their course, it's NOT a scam.
If you don't like them or the business, let it be and move on. But it's not right to talk about something you don't know anything about because you're on the outside purely speculating!

What you'll learn about any money-making idea is that if others have replicated a trainer's results perfectly, there might be something to it.
If you have the right mindset and you execute relentlessly to achieve the desired result, you'll make it.
However, that's what is probably not stressed enough in ANY online program. Relentless entrepreneurs are hard to find.
People who fail to see the logic in that will never succeed. These guys might not be your favorite and the money does sounds too good to be true, but I've personally chatted to many people in this course to find the claim that the Mikkelsen twins are a scam. In fact, I find them to be incredibly supportive. Feel free to DM for any Q.s
--------
Update: So what I'm getting from the replies are that:
1. A first-time commenter here gets disrespect for being new.
2. No one here actually took the course.
3. Cynicism and trolling prevails.

Well, it is what it is! However, I'm here because I was bored on Reddit. Forgive me for not having 1M comments here.
Also, as someone who has been burnt by so-called online gurus ($1,000+), I found this course and FB group great.
I guess some people won't believe me, but that's their prerogative. I know what transpired. But think for one second before the snide cynicism rears its ugly head again. What if 100 of the 100,000,000 courses out there are actually legit? Is everyone successful online educator a fraud? That's just dumb thinking.

People's criteria for evaluation has to be better. Yes, lots of scams out there, but not everyone is a crook. If there were a way I could whisk you into the FB group and have you talk to several of my chums about the kind of money they were making with this program, that might add more legitimacy. No one has a reason to lie or save face. People know if they are not successful, it's because they didn't do what the map laid out. It's kind of a lot and online course completion is at an all-time low. There are many reasons for not making money with a course you believed in. I was one of them with so many other courses I failed at. I just found this one different.

Beat up on these guys all you want. This doesn't affect me. I'm just telling it like is from someone who spent their hard-earned money on the program. You don't have to believe anyone here. The internet has minted more millionaires than any other platform, so something has to work online. And as far as people thinking their method is generic and broad, it's actually pretty specialized. The numerous tactics I've never hard of and I'm a veteran in publishing.

But I get it, everything I say will be dismissed with an unsubstantiated pithy remark because that's what the craven do. They pontificate on things from afar having never actually experienced something for real. I can criticize a lot of things having never done it. I suggest people stay level-headed and skeptical of all online programs, but also study logic and facts. Criticize judiciously. Don't go off speculation and triple-hearsay. I'm okay with anyone ignoring that. My audiobooks will still be making me money despite what you think.

If you think they're scams, be a man and do something about it, build a better business model, get your own legion of backers. Something tells me that if you become successful legitimately, you'll get 20+ comments about how you're a scam too. Maybe you'll have a grateful student stand up for you because they enjoyed your course. But that won't matter, right? Everything is a scam.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
61 - 72 of 72 Posts