Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I don't like chocolate

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years it was milk chocolate all the way for me. I didn't like dark chocolate, studiously avoiding it, even to the point of not eating those little Dark Chocolate Hershey minis that were probably 1/4 of every bag.

Then, for some reason, a couple years ago, I had some dark chocolate with nuts in it, and that was it. I never went back to milk chocolate. My favorite is a Hershey bar that has nuts, blueberries and either pomengranete or cranberries, can't remember which, but I know the bar when I see it!   :)

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Milk

So what's your pleasure? Is it the salty snacks you crave? No no no no no, yours is a sweet tooth. Oh you may stray, but you'll always return to your dark master, the cocoa bean.  No, and only the purest syrup nectar can satisfy you!  If you could you'd guzzle it by the gallon! Ovaltine! Hershey's! Nestlé's Quik!

Love that Seinfeld episode.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Dark. I tricked my friends (supposedly hated it with a passion) into eating dark chocolate brownies with dark chocolate chips. Changed their minds. I miss chocolate in Asia it was not as sweet as they make I here in the us

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ann Herrick said:
For years it was milk chocolate all the way for me. I didn't like dark chocolate, studiously avoiding it, even to the point of not eating those little Dark Chocolate Hershey minis that were probably 1/4 of every bag.

Then, for some reason, a couple years ago, I had some dark chocolate with nuts in it, and that was it. I never went back to milk chocolate. My favorite is a Hershey bar that has nuts, blueberries and either pomengranete or cranberries, can't remember which, but I know the bar when I see! :)
I was exactly the same way! I think it's because I was a kid and so many foods grossed me out at the time, and as I grew older my tastes started to change. I thought sushi was the most grossest food in the world, didn't touch the stuff at all to the point my mom had to make me a separate meal from the entire family. Then one day when I was in the 9th grade, I tried it and loved it. I am way more willing to try new things and new foods now as I grow older. Though I still HATE celery, nuts, and tripe.

I'm not a Hersey's chocolate fan as an adult (it gives off a funny taste), but I do love those dark organic chocolates and don't mind milk chocolate (especially if they are from Europe). They are pricey, but so smooth and wonderful... The strange thing is I'm not a big chocolate fan, and don't each much of it.

Tris

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Anyone here been to Hershey PA?  The chocolate factory doesn't give tours anymore, but they have this place called Hershey's Chocolate World that's like an amusement park ride, except it takes you on a tour of how chocolate is made.  By the time you're done with it, and seeing and smelling all that chocolate, you are ready for some CHOCOLATE!!!

Conveniently, it lets you off at the gift shop.  My wife has to talk me out of buying the two foot wide Hershey bar.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
swolf said:
Anyone here been to Hershey PA? The chocolate factory doesn't give tours anymore, but they have this place called Hershey's Chocolate World that's like an amusement park ride, except it takes you on a tour of how chocolate is made. By the time you're done with it, and seeing and smelling all that chocolate, you are ready for some CHOCOLATE!!!

Conveniently, it lets you off at the gift shop. My wife has to talk me out of buying the two foot wide Hershey bar.
From aged 10 until 18, we went on a Family trip every year. When the doors opened we went through the Chocolate World ride, and had chocolate milk and chocolate chip chocolate cookies. :) It was like chocolate overload. I loved that when you got off the ride, you got a free sample of their new candy (before it's official release). I was one of the first to eat their 'Hug' candies. :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Milk. And white too.  :p <<< not a jokey smiley, a licking the lips smiley  ;D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Dark.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Dara England said:
I prefer milk chocolate. Dark chocolate has a faint bitterness that I'm not crazy about. I also like white chocolate although I don't get it much.
This.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Never met a chocolate I didn't like but I gravitate towards the dark.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts