Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an idea that I thought the readers/authors out there might like, a simple idea that I hope catches on. I'm going to ask five questions of an author that I know frequents these boards, when that author has answered the questions, he/she must ask five questions of any author they either like, admire or respect or all of the above. My questions are to Selena Kitt.

1 How long have you been writing Selena?

2 What made you decide that writing erotic stories was what you wanted to do?

3 What motivates you?

4 Are you ever frustrated by anything to do with the ebook industry?

5 Where would you like to be this time next year, in relation to books/eBooks?

Feel free to comment between interviews guys/gals and I hope that this becomes an informative thread for all of us. Incidentally, you don't have to use my five questions, you can choose your own.

You also don't have to wait for authors to answer their questions, mainly because there might be one or two that don't want to participate, after all we haven't asked for their permission. I hope that doesn't happen though, have fun.

Carl

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Selena_Kitt said:
Totally fun thread! Thanks for playing, Modwitch - how cool that you just decided to sit down one day and write a book!! :D
Thank you for your answers Selena it's appreciated.

My next Author is like Selena, someone I admire. Her name is Tawny Taylor and she writes erotic fiction.

1 What inspires you the most Tawny?

2 Have you ever gotten despondent when writing?

3 During the adventure of self-publishing (that's how I look at it) what has been the highlight for you so far?

4 Who is your favorite author and why?

5 Do you have any books traditionally published? If not, do you aspire to do so?

Carl

·
Registered
210 Posts
For JMELZER (Tagged)

1. What's your favorite part of writing? Least favorite?

My favorite part is the brainstorming. Fleshing out an idea until it becomes whole. I usually do this with pen and paper rather than on the computer, because the ideas come so fast and furious that most times my fingers can't keep up. Least favorite part? Usually when I type "The End," because then it means that it's time for editing :D

2. If you were going to write something totally different for you, what would it be?

I primarily write in the horror genre, but if I was to try something radically different, I'd like to write a more contemporary, coming of age story with no supernatural elements involved. Something more mainstream, I guess you could say.

3. How many books have you read in the last month?

Three. King of Plagues by Jonathan Maberry, Kings of the Dead by Tony Faville, and Horns by Joe Hill.

4. How many writers do you know in real life?

Several. Jonathan Maberry, Scott Sigler, Eric S. Brown, and Jake Bible, just to name a few. I don't know if this counts but I've spoken with Clive Barker on occasion, but we've never met in person. Oh, and my wife. Can't forget her ;)

5. Who's your favorite book character (from your work or someone else's)?

From my work it's The Man in the Tennis Shoes from Hull's Landing. Aside from that it's a toss up between Randall Flag in The Stand, Roland Deschain in The Dark Tower Series, or Swan in Swan Song by Robert McCammon.

That was fun! I'll tag...PMartelly

1. What was the first story you ever wrote?
2. What's you idea of the perfect writing sanctuary?
3. How has self-publishing changed your life?
4. If could do anything else besides write, what would it be?
5. Do you ever get writer's block, and what do you do to combat it? If not, what's your favorite cookie? :p

·
Registered
210 Posts
modwitch said:
She counts ;). I'm envious of all the IRL writers you know! I like your questions for JMartelly, too. Off to imagine my perfect writing sanctuary...
Whew! Glad the wife counts. For those that don't know, it's Jennifer Hudock, AKA Jennybeanses, who also frequents the boards. As for the IRL writers I know, it comes from attending conventions mostly and striking up relationships with them that transfer over into everyday life :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
oOo! I was tagged! How fun! :D

1. What was the first story you ever wrote?
The first REAL story I ever wrote was about a girl diagnosed with a disease that no one had ever heard about and how she went and changed 5 people's lives after her diagnosis. This in turn led to a cure. Extremely cliche, but forgive me, I was in the hospital and I was being diagnosed with Crohn's at the time. And I was young. haha Before that, I used to write short stories about cliques. Think "Pretty Little Liars" lol.

2. What's you idea of the perfect writing sanctuary?
A desk, a stereo (if I'm feeling the need for a little inspiration), and a place with floor to cieling windows... where I can enjoy a view and look out as I write. Somewhere where there is little/no traffic of people coming in and out. And a really, really, comfortable chair.

3. How has self-publishing changed your life?
Self-publishing has given me a chance to see my dream realized. And it has given me the opportunity to follow my dream in my own way, in my own time.

4. If could do anything else besides write, what would it be?
I'm going to graduate school to be in the medical field. But besides that, teach at the university level. That's my true passion.

5. Do you ever get writer's block, and what do you do to combat it? If not, what's your favorite cookie?
I don't get writer's block as much as I used to. I used to have a REAL issue with writer's block. But now that I plan out my stories, writer's block is less frequent. And when I do have writer's block, I usually just write through it. Or visualize the various possibilities in my head, like a movie. Or I speak what I've written so far.
Favorite cookie? Chocolate chip or snickerdoodle. oh yes, I love me some snickerdoodles ;D

Now, I shall tag Caedem Marquez

1. What time of the day do you find it easiest to write and why?
2. What book has had a major influence in your life?
3. If your book was to become a movie, who would play the main character?
4. What is the best/worst part about the writing process?
5. What gave you the inspiration for your first book?

·
Registered
489 Posts
JMelzer said:
Awesome! I love me some snickerdoodles, too. Never had them before until I moved to the U.S. in January, now I can't get enough of them! ;D
=O WHAATT?! No snickerdoodles until January?! We need to have a talk. lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh how fun! Okay here are my answers. I'll follow up with some questions as soon as I can think of some...

1 What inspires you the most Tawny?
Most? That’s a tough one! I’m inspired by all sorts of things--movies, television shows, conversations with people, books I’ve read (not always the same genre as what I write), places I visit. I don’t know if I can pick only one.

2 Have you ever gotten despondent when writing? Oh yes, I usually get despondent at least once during the drafting of every novel I write. That’s part of my process, I guess :) I hate the book, am sure it’s the worst book ever written, and then I make it better.

3 During the adventure of self-publishing (that's how I look at it) what has been the highlight for you so far? Oh gosh, what hasn’t been a highlight? It’s been a crazy roller coaster ride, absolutely thrilling, at times terrifying. I’m loving every minute of it!

4 Who is your favorite author and why? At the moment, Janet Evanovich. I love to read funny, snappy, light-hearted books that make me forget all about the chaos and pressures of my (real) life.

5 Do you have any books traditionally published? If not, do you aspire to do so? I do have a pretty decent back list of traditionally published books, under three pen names: Tawny Taylor, Tami Dane and Sydney Allan. I hope to continue to write for my publishers, as well as self publish.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
Err... what's a snickerdoodle?

I've lived in the US all my life, and I've only heard the name. Never eaten, or even seen, one.
WHAT?! What is this madness?! -_____-
You need to go to your nearest baker and DEMAND a snickerdoodle. lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
modwitch said:
Dude. We had snickerdoodles in Alberta. What backwoods part of the country did you grow up in? :D ;)
See, now I have to go talk to my mom and find out what other things she sheltered me from as a child. This could open up a whole new can of worms. Thanks, modwitch! :p

P.S. - There is a Santa Claus, right?

·
Registered
982 Posts
[quote author=PMartelly]
WHAT?! What is this madness?! -_____-
You need to go to your nearest baker and DEMAND a snickerdoodle. lol
[/quote]

The only bakery around is the Wal-Mart bakery, and I avoid eating anything from there.

[quote author=modwitch]Teach a man to fish... http://andreasrecipes.com/2007/11/14/snickerdoodles/[/quote]
::)

Edited to add: I can see why I've never had them now. They have cinnamon in them, which is the single ingredient I avoid more than any other. I don't even eat cinnamon rolls.

·
Registered
489 Posts
JMelzer said:
See, now I have to go talk to my mom and find out what other things she sheltered me from as a child. This could open up a whole new can of worms. Thanks, modwitch! :p
hahaha. =D awesome.

Ryne Billings said:
The only bakery around is the Wal-Mart bakery, and I avoid eating anything from there.
::)
Your Wal-mart has a bakery?! 0___o
Wow. And I thought I'd seen everything. lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
My questions are for Victorine (how do I tag her?):

1. What one piece of advice would you give an author who is considering indie publishing his/her first book?

2. What inspired you to write Not What She Seems?

3. If you were going to be left on a deserted island, and you could only take one book with you, what would it be?

4. What’s one fun secret that most people here on the Kindle boards don’t know about you?

5. Who is the one person who has influenced/helped you most in your indie publishing journey?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
Every Wal-Mart that I've ever seen has a bakery, just like they all have a deli.
Yeah, no bakeries or delis in the ones out here. lol
But since you said you try to avoid them, if I ever see one, I will make sure to do that. haha =]

1 - 20 of 198 Posts