Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I don't have my Kindle yet - never even seen one - but I knew I had to have it. Ordered one on the 17th (totally wasn't thinking of the Oprah fallout) and I want it soon! I've read through everything I can find and can't wait to see it.

I read voraciously - so I expect to be broke from purchasing books soon. Actually, the volume of books that I read is what sold me. We're going on some trips in December and the thought of only having to carry one item instead of 6 books was a wondrous idea. I'm a power library card user who usually checks out 10 books every three weeks or so. I'll read everything from trashy historical romance to Tom Clancy.

Cross your fingers for me that my new baby arrives before the 3rd when we're traveling.

:) 

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Pickychicky!  Love the name!!

Welcome!!!  I will definitely keep my fingers crossed that your new Kindle arrives before your trip.  Keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the board pickychicky! I'm sure it will be shipping soon. I ordered mine about the same time and mine is shipping and will arrive on Monday. Didn't have a clue about Oprah. I just figured I didn't get one last Christmas I'd get it for myself this Christmas.

TheresaM

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi Pickychicky. You'll love it here! Lots of great ideas about accessories, books to read, and lots of other stuff

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the boards Pickychicky.  I'm sure like the rest of us here, you will absolutely adore the Kindle when she/he arrives. 

·
Registered
869 Posts
Pickychicky,

Welcome aboard!  Vampyre & the rest of us will support you as you wait  :) 

Yeah, travel is one of the factors in my decision.  I don't do it a lot.  However, in late Febrary-early March 09 I am going on my very first cruise!  I'm very excited about that but not the long flight I will have from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale to embark. 

So looking forward to using MK on the flight and the cruise.

Where are you going?

Marci

G

·
Howdy!

Buying a Kindle is easy.  Waiting for it to be delivered is one of the hardest things I have ever endured.  If not for all of the patient people here, I may have ended up in a psych ward somewhere.

I've had mine about 11.5 hours now.  Only 6 if you subtract time sleeping.  I had to sleep because I work today.  Anyway I already showed it off twice while having my breakfast.  I love it.  I still have a few books to read before I can get to the ones on my Kindle but I may just put them on hold.

Even at this early time of ownership, I enjoy reading from my Kindle more.  The adjustable font size is a big plus for me.  I haven't tried it yet but I think I can read without my glasses on the largest font size.

OK I just tried..almost can but still fuzzy.  My eyes suck.  :)

I ordered my Kindle on Nov7 and it arrived Nov21.  The estimated delivery date was Dec1-4.  It is quite possible you will receive yours in time.  I do recommend overnight shipping.  The extra cost is nothing compared to the wear and tear saved to your mental health.  :)

All righty then time to kick back and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are so entertaining while I wait for Trixie to arrive.  :)

I wasn't sure about this since I'm a huge library user. Even though there are a lot of free/inexpensive books available, I am a sucker for the recent issues. I just have to weigh whether its worth it for instant access rather than waiting for a trip to the library.

Travel is going to be the real value for me. It'll be so great to only travel with one 'book'!  We're going to Upstate NY in early Dec for hubby business trip, then to Las Vegas at Christmas.

Off to Oberon to decide which cover she wants....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
pickychicky said:
I have the Hokusai Wave and it's very beautiful. My daughter has the Tree of Life, the only wraparound cover. It is also beautiful but I like mine better, because I like blue more than brown.

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
pickychicky said:
You are so entertaining while I wait for Trixie to arrive. :)

I wasn't sure about this since I'm a huge library user. Even though there are a lot of free/inexpensive books available, I am a sucker for the recent issues. I just have to weigh whether its worth it for instant access rather than waiting for a trip to the library.

Travel is going to be the real value for me. It'll be so great to only travel with one 'book'! We're going to Upstate NY in early Dec for hubby business trip, then to Las Vegas at Christmas.

I have the Tree of Life and love it love it love it. It's exactly what I would have picked had every color and design been available....yay for Oberon!

As you know there are a lot of free/cheap books that our members have recommended in the Book Corner. Be sure to check them out! And you may need other accessories, too!

Betsy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts