Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor kindle 2 was in my bag in it's Amazon cover when my water bottle leaked into the bottom of the bag.  I'm not sure how wet the kindle got (it didn't seem wet, but the cover was wet but not soaked), but it it was in sleep mode and appears to be working.

However, the charging light on the bottom is now blinking on and off and the charge icon on the top right corner is flashing to the charging symbol as well.

Any idea what this means?  Or suggestions on what to do?  I wasn't able to find anything with a Google search.

I've tried rebooting and it's doing the same thing.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Yes, I would immediately turn it off, remove the battery, and follow the directions in the thread Mona referenced to dry it out. Whatever you do, do not try to charge it before you are absolutely positive that it is completely dried out!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bag of Rice!  I swear it gave me back my iphone.  I left it in the bag of rice for a few days and the black screen of death went away.  My camera part still didn't work so I put it back in the bag again and bingo.  Saved my derriere!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I always suggest rice as well.  My kids have used it on more than one phone that was dropped into various items, including chicken soup. 
Good luck.
deb

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Turn it off for sure. If there is moisture you don't want it turned on until it dries out. The rice fix will help remove the excess moisture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts