1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Okay I'm going camping in a month....I want to buy this bag to hold first aid kit items.  Which would fit the best and be easy to carry?  After I'm done camping I'd love to use it for my KK.  What bag size should I choose?  Which is most durable?  Anyone know?  Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drenee said:
You are a bad bad person....Just Kidding!!!!

deb
Hey, I got sucked in by the "new 2009 Oberon Kindle covers next month" post. And here I was planning to spend my Kindle budget for May on, um...books! Just sharing the love......I mean, debt.......

I do love the new Offwhite Oleander fabric--I need to double check it though as she'd sent me a pic earlier that seemed much bluer in tone.

Neversleepsawink;) (#1071) said:
Okay I'm going camping in a month....I want to buy this bag to hold a first aid kit items. Which would fit the best and be easy to carry? After I'm done camping I'd love to use it for my KK. What bag size should I choose? Which is most durable? Anyone know? Thanks :)
Kinda depends on what you want to put into it. :) I used the Original side zip Kindle Bag on a recent trip to hold all my darned power cords--Kindle, iPhone, MacBook--and there was still plenty of room to spare. The travel bag is an inch wider than the original, and has the additional pocket for relatively flat items.

As far as "durable"--I believe none of her fabrics are upholstery grade, but rather lightweight decorator fabrics (anyone correct me if I'm wrong there). There are two that are laminated (something like oilcloth) so if you like those patterns, those are probably your best choice for durability. As far as durability differences between the bags, they're incredibly well made, and I can't imagine there's a real difference between them on that score!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
VictoriaP said:
Hey, I got sucked in by the "new 2009 Oberon Kindle covers next month" post. And here I was planning to spend my Kindle budget for May on, um...books! Just sharing the love......I mean, debt.......

I do love the new Offwhite Oleander fabric--I need to double check it though as she'd sent me a pic earlier that seemed much bluer in tone.

Kinda depends on what you want to put into it. :) I used the Original side zip Kindle Bag on a recent trip to hold all my darned power cords--Kindle, iPhone, MacBook--and there was still plenty of room to spare. The travel bag is an inch wider than the original, and has the additional pocket for relatively flat items.

As far as "durable"--I believe none of her fabrics are upholstery grade, but rather lightweight decorator fabrics (anyone correct me if I'm wrong there). There are two that are laminated (something like oilcloth) so if you like those patterns, those are probably your best choice for durability. As far as durability differences between the bags, they're incredibly well made, and I can't imagine there's a real difference between them on that score!
Thank you :) I just want to hold some first aid items, and a flashlight (LED), I would love for the fabric to be water resistent.

·
Registered
544 Posts
VictoriaP said:
I'd been waiting on the new fabrics to come out before ordering one, and I love the Offwhite Oleander fabric, too. I'm buying a travel bag and hobo purse from BorsaBella as a wedding gift to myself. ;)

G

·
Does anyone have the Stephanie's Plum fabric? I'm interested in it but it doesn't look the least bit purple to me, so I'm curious.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Does anyone have the Stephanie's Plum fabric? I'm interested in it but it doesn't look the least bit purple to me, so I'm curious.
Okay, I bought the Kindle trave bag....when I went to pay for it my screen shut off. I didn't pay for it, and can't get back in to pay for it. Hopefully they will write soon, letting me pay for it. Yikes!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NYCKindleFan said:
I do, in the naked Kindle sleeve. It's a really tough shade to define. I know a number of people feel it's definitely purple; I tend to feel if that's the case, it's a very blue purple. LOL Sounds like the purple ROH discussion, I know. If you put it next to a dusky blue, such as denim, it definitely takes on more blue characteristics, but it's probably still a lavender. I'd guess if you put it next to a purple, it probably looks more that color!

It's one of my favorites though--I've been debating a travel bag in that fabric since it came out, but was waiting on the Oleander first. The tough thing is that the preview pic Melissa sent me looks more grey-blue, while the website looks more green-blue. LOL I suspect my preview pic is more accurate, since the "white" is an offwhite, as she describes, while the site shows a bright white. The drawbacks of looking at colors on a monitor, even a color calibrated one!

Edit--out of curiosity, I just grabbed my sleeve to compare to the screen shot from the website. On my computer, the screen shot of the Stephanie's Plum is a little darker than the real thing--the white is a bit brighter & warmer on the actual sleeve. In regular house light (compact fluorescent/tungsten mix), I held the sleeve up to the standard blue KB background, and the sleeve definitely comes out more purple. Against basic denim jeans, the background lavender is more blue, but the accent purple details are definitely purple. The lighter brown details on the fabric appear more copper in tone, the darker brown swirls are a rich dark brown.

Best I can do. ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
You guys are so bad! I just ordered a KIndle travel bag in the Peacock pattern- I have a navy and a green Oberon cover (one for the KK and one for K2) and plan on getting more- purple, the new blue maybe red :D. So I thought this would work wth many colors. This is my first of these bags.

Lynn L

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lynn said:
You guys are so bad! I just ordered a KIndle travel bag in the Peacock pattern- I have a navy and a green Oberon cover (one for the KK and one for K2) and plan on getting more- purple, the new blue maybe red :D. So I thought this would work wth many colors. This is my first of these bags.

Lynn L
Now THAT I look forward to seeing a picture of! That pattern certainly looks like it will work with almost anything. :)

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Today I received my Borsa Bella bag in rose patch (laminated) basic top zip. I love the quality and craftsmanship of it. This shows it with the kindle with green M-Edge leather cover inside:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Vic you are such a BI (Bad Influence) for pulling us to those new pretty BB bags! But I love it... it keeps me updated! Neversleepsawink;), that is so lovely. I like the color! that may just have to be what I will order next.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Melissa emailed me yesterday that my travel bag and gadget bag shipped! I'm so excited and can't wait to get them.
They are made from the Hokusai Wave fabric I sent her! 

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I love the new fabrics and I have had to thank Melissa for promoting my blog on her site! Some of you may not realize I am also having a special Kindleboard ONLY giveaway on the "Not Quite Kindle" of a BB bag!

Only 2 days left! If you see sigs the direct link is below!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts