Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some more screensavers I made up tonight.  I'll probably keep adding to the thread as I get inspired.

·
Registered
385 Posts
ooooh! ahhhhh! *soft applause*
Feels somewhat like being at a fireworks show. Each new pic I see is like a new burst in the sky, lol.
Thanks for more, Jim. Do you have access to a better quality Nosferatu?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cat said:
ooooh! ahhhhh! *soft applause*
Feels somewhat like being at a fireworks show. Each new pic I see is like a new burst in the sky, lol.
Thanks for more, Jim. Do you have access to a better quality Nosferatu?
Yes. I intentionally altered the one I made to make it appear as if it were done with charcoal/pastels. I liked the effect. But I could easily make a "clean" one. Gimme a couple minutes. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great choices!! From Poe's Raven to Oz, Charlotte's Web to van Gough's Starry Night...you've got them covered!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iamc said:
Great choices!! From Poe's Raven to Oz, Charlotte's Web to van Gough's Starry Night...you've got them covered!!
Thanks. I'm trying to come up with something for everyone, regardless of their reading tastes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Edward Gorey - Gashlycrumb Tinies!!!!!

Ooh ooh ooh, Jim! Love that one!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
iamc said:
Edward Gorey - Gashlycrumb Tinies!!!!!

Ooh ooh ooh, Jim! Love that one!
The first one was slightly off size. (576 x 800.) But I fixed it. Should work now.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you like them, ladies.  I don't know why Gorey didn't occur to me earlier.  Some of his stuff is perfect for Kindlesavers.  (Though most of his panels are oblong shaped the wrong direction. :( )

Thanks to Scathach for the inspiration.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Jim, do you take requests? If you think this one would look good as a scrsvr, could you please make it one? I haven't read the book, but the pic is so horrid and scary in color that if it translated well to a b/w scrsvr I'd be very happy.

(click for full-size)

Not that I want to sidetrack you from Gorey. Those are terrific.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cat said:
Jim, do you take requests? If you think this one would look good as a scrsvr, could you please make it one? I haven't read the book, but the pic is so horrid and scary in color that if it translated well to a b/w scrsvr I'd be very happy.
Whoa! That one totally freaks me out! But I can't look away! LOLOLOL

C

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks Jim, that's horribly wonderful! I am wringing my hands evilly while contemplating putting that and several others you did on Skinderella.
Muahahaha! MUAhahaha! MUAHAHAHA! er ... I feel so evil.

I know, iamc, there's something kinda riveting about that pic to me, too.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thejackylking said:
Jim do you have anymore Sherlock Holmes pics?
Not at the moment. But I can make some more tonight after work. :)

1 - 20 of 200 Posts