Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all been posting "mother" stories related to books on Harvey's contest thread, so I thought we should have a non-book thread just for mom stuff. How about funny stories, pictures, etc. dedicated to mothers everywhere?

I just saw this one on a friend's Facebook page that her daughter sent her.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Angela said:
We've all been posting "mother" stories related to books on Harvey's contest thread, so I thought we should have a non-book thread just for mom stuff. How about funny stories, pictures, etc. dedicated to mothers everywhere?

I just saw this one on a friend's Facebook page that her daughter sent her.
Funny! That reminds me of my brothers :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For as far back as I can remember, Mom had (still does) a standing hair appointment every Saturday and her hairdo would last all week. There was a time when I was little that I was sure she slept sitting up in bed because her hair was always perfectly in place. Even when we went camping she somehow managed to keep her hair dry and in place.

A couple of years ago she finally agreed to take a ride with me on the back of my waverunner. We planned it so that she would ride on Friday afternoon "just in case it messed up her hair." As I rode up to the dock to get my mom, she lost her footing and fell off and was headed head first into the lake. We still don't know how she managed, but somehow this 72 year old woman flipped over, grabbed the edge of the dock and held herself up so that she barely got wet... only her butt touched the water. She wouldn't let go even though the life jacket would have kept her head above water. She kept yelling for my hubby and dad to come help her. They were laughing too hard to be any help, but we finally got her back on the dock and without a hair in place!  ;D  We still crack up every time we think about it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts