Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been addressed ad infinitum, but I scrolled through and couldn't readily find an answer.  I just ordered a K2 for my Mom.  It's going to be delivered to her Tuesday.  She goes in the hospital for serious surgery on Wed and I wanted her to have something she could read during a week long stay at hospital.  Now, I ordered the K2 on my account so that we could share all the books that I order.  When she gets her Kindle, I'm assuming it will be registered to me, how does she go about getting all the books that I've already ordered and she hasn't read to her Kindle?  Does she have to go online somehow, do I need to go online since it's my account and somehow download them to her Kindle, or will it automatically have all the books there?  Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If you go into "manage your account" in Amazon, you can send the books to that Kindle. That is the only way I know to do it. I believe you will have to do it one at a time.

EDIT NOTE: Seems like I was wrong, guess there is another way. I've just never used it. Sorry, was trying to help.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
When my mom's K2 came we turned it on, up popped "archieve", and there were all of my books from Amazon.  She picks which one she wants to read, klicks it, and it downloads.  Very simple.

deb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW, thanks for the fast responses.  I'm delighted to know that it will be easy for her to do...I'm not with her, so she is going to have to do it herself and I was hoping it would be easy for her and it sounds like it will be.  Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
If using the Archive is difficult for your mom, you can always do as Kevin suggested and go online to the Manage My Kindle area.  There you can select any of your previously purchased books and choose which Kindle to send it to.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I did go online and send some of my books to my mom's K2.  She still had to go through the selection in the archive.  Did we do something wrong?
deb

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
drenee said:
I did go online and send some of my books to my mom's K2. She still had to go through the selection in the archive. Did we do something wrong?
Sometimes the transfers seem to get "stuck" on the way down.... This has happened to me a few times on books I have purchased.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Mom's books all seemed to download fine.  I thought maybe we didn't do the process correctly by going to the site first.  Some of the books I did that with, but the rest of them were just there. 

deb

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
drenee said:
Mom's books all seemed to download fine. I thought maybe we didn't do the process correctly by going to the site first. Some of the books I did that with, but the rest of them were just there.
The books you didn't send should be in the archive.

·
Registered
298 Posts
kohrageous said:
I just ordered a K2 for my Mom. It's going to be delivered to her Tuesday. She goes in the hospital for serious surgery on Wed and I wanted her to have something she could read during a week long stay at hospital.
Just wanted to say you are a very kind son/daughter to to think of this gift for your mother! I hope her surgery goes well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts