Kindle Forum banner

Move files from Kindle to computer?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Leslie 
#1 ·
For fun I bought a cookbook for Zelda. It's hard to navigate, so I thought I could put it on my computer to find recipes then use Kindle in the kitchen.

Is there any way to convert the azw file to something the computer can read?

#2 ·
No. The files are DRMd and can only be read by your Kindle or other Kindles on you Amazon account. If it is still within seven purchase days and you don't want to use it, I suggest you return it.

#5 ·
Thanks!

I was thinkin about it and realized something even better than ease of manuverability. I can take Kindle to the grocery store with me. The book has grocery lists for the week's groceries. How cool that I wouldn't even have to write down a list!

I'll bet I could even write my own list on the computer then upload it to Kindle? Ohmygosh! I'm stoaked again.

#6 ·
durphy said:
I'll bet I could even write my own list on the computer then upload it to Kindle? Ohmygosh! I'm stoaked again.
Yup. I've had a couple of instances where I've found a long article online that I want to read, but don't have time at that moment. So I copy, paste into Word and email to my Kindle. It's available for me when I am ready....just great.

L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.