Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A companion piece to my request for a list of your favorite movies of 2012 - what are you looking forward to in 2013?  The list for me is getting longer every second! 

I am a total geek, especially when it comes to comic books, so Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 are high on my list.  Also The Wolverine, Thor (and one list also says a new Sin City movie is up late in 2013)

Also:
Star Trek Into Darkness
Curious to see how The Lone Ranger turns out (although I have not been impressed with the trailers so far)
World War Z
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (I quite enjoyed the first one, I must admit)

And I am sure more.  What's your list?

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't seen the first Hobbit film yet.  It just doesn't do much for me. 

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
balaspa said:
A companion piece to my request for a list of your favorite movies of 2012 - what are you looking forward to in 2013? The list for me is getting longer every second!

I am a total geek, especially when it comes to comic books, so Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 are high on my list. Also The Wolverine, Thor (and one list also says a new Sin City movie is up late in 2013)

Also:
Star Trek Into Darkness
Curious to see how The Lone Ranger turns out (although I have not been impressed with the trailers so far)
World War Z
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (I quite enjoyed the first one, I must admit)

And I am sure more. What's your list?
I think everything you mentioned, except World War Z.

Lone Ranger may get put off until it comes out on DVD. But Hunger Games, Iron Man, Thor, & Star Trek are definite opening weekend must sees. The others will depend on what else is going on.. Probably not opening weekend, but before they leave the theater.

Oh, and The 2nd Hobbit.. I'm really interested in how they're making this one smallish book into 3 parts (I know they added a lot of backstory)

I'll also add Les Mis to this list, because it'll be a couple more weeks before I get a chance to go see it.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I have to admit to being a bit tired of the whole zombie apocalypse story - and I am a fan of Walking Dead which pretty much covers any other zombie plotlines that are left.  But there is something about what I have seen and read about World War Z that intrigues me. 

In most cases, I will probably end up waiting to read the reviews before deciding to see the movie.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm looking forward to:

Despicable Me 2
Monsters University
Oz the Great and Powerful
Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Anchorman 2
Zero Dark Thirty (technically already released, but limited. Wide release set for January.)

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Les Mis
Abraham Lincoln movie
Possibly, Oz

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lee, you make a good point - I still have many movies released in 2012 to watch.  I did not get to see Lincoln or Les Miz yet.  I also missed Argo and Silver Linings Playbook.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Argo, that's the one that I was thinking of, thank you for reminding me.  For me, these will be the first movies I'll see in 2013.

·
Registered
690 Posts
kindlequeen said:
Is The Girl Who Played With Fire coming out this year? If so, I will be in line for that and the new Hunger Games movies!
No, still no word on that one except that they still plan on making it. I can't wait for it IF they keep Fincher on as director. Big fan of his and I loved what he did with the first one. If they replaced him, my interest would drop some, though I'd probably still see it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My most anticipated movies of 2013 are:
A Good Day to Die Hard
Iron Man 3
Star Trek Into the Darkness
Man of Steel
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

There are several other movies coming out that I want to see but these are all probably opening week

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ooooooh, there are so many! Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness, A Good Day to Die Hard, Hobbit 2: Hobbit Harder, Man of Steel, and The Great Gatsby. I don't know about The Lone Ranger. The trailers left a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I forgot about the new Die Hard movie.  The trailer looks great (of course, that's what trailers are supposed to look be)

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And, honestly, if the second movie in the Hobbit series was really called Hobbit 2: Hobbit Harder, I would definitely see it.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
DH and I are flipping through previews right now and found this one... looks interesting.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts