Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just over on Time magazines website looking thru their old photos and saw one of Hepburn.  I love the actress but hated one of her most famous movies.  There have been quite a few famous movies I hated.

1.  Breakfast at Tiffanys.  The whole, "I'm a flippant little airhead" act got on my nerves.
2.  Forrest Gump.  I just didn't like this movie at all.

I am sure there are more, I will have to try to remember...

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Ishtar.

Bringing out the Dead.

Only 2 movies in my life I walked out of the theater during the movie.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1. To Die For
2. Eyes Wide Shut

Or I could just say anything with Nicole Kidman in it.  I am a pretty easy going person when it comes to movies (I like almost all of them) and for whatever reason her movies just don't work for me.

Sam

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I've walked out of quite a few movies.  If I stay to watch a movie I don't like I feel like I'm paying twice--once for the cost of the movie and twice by sitting through it. I got to hating sitting through movies years ago when a theater was giving away sets of dishes--one piece of the set each week.  You had to attend once a week to complete the set. It was torture sitting through quite a few of the movies.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
I have watched some weird dreck over the years, but I can't remember most of them. Some that were hailed and got awards that I hated were

The English Patient. Holy cow I hated that dreck. What the heck  :D

But it was heaven compared to Adaptation with Meryl Streep. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. What over rated carp that was. I am one of few apparently that is not impressed with everything Miss Streep does.

If I ever have to watch either of them ever again I will shoot myself  :D

I am sure there are many more if I think about it and my brain isn't fuzzy from pain meds.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
KindleChickie said:
I was just over on Time magazines website looking thru their old photos and saw one of Hepburn. I love the actress but hated one of her most famous movies. There have been quite a few famous movies I hated.

1. Breakfast at Tiffanys. The whole, "I'm a flippant little airhead" act got on my nerves.
2. Forrest Gump. I just didn't like this movie at all.

I am sure there are more, I will have to try to remember...
Wow, I didn't think anyone else in the world disliked Forrest Gump! I seriously fell asleep every single I tried to watch that movie. I think I gave up after five tries.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Titanic!  It was too much and I got yelled at for laughing at the end.

I slept through Thomas the Tank Engine (the one with Fonda in it) and Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - the only times I've fallen asleep in the theater.

I couldn't get passed the first half hour of Atonement, it bored me.  I feel like I should give this one another chance though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Some tough critics here. I love most of the movies mentioned. One I really have to agree with though---and I adore Nicole Kidman--but Eyes Wide Shut was dreadful. Not even worth seeing NK nekked in. In fact likely the most overrated director of all time was Stanley Kubrick. He ruined The Shining. 2001 is the most overrated and boring sci fi films ever made.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I love humans. So many opinions :) I actually can't think of a movie I've 'hated', although I suppose my pet dislike would be adaptations that totally miss the mark, like M. Night Shyamalan's live-action Avatar thing (by all reputable accounts utterly terrible), because it means we miss out on getting a good adaptation. I know we'll always have the original, but the chance to see a thoughtfully made and well-executed live-action Avatar movie is gone, if not forever then for a few decades at the least.

The most disappointing movies I've seen recently are the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels. Two was stupid but marginally watchable, three was just unentertaining nonsense. Based on the reviews I've seen, I don't think I'll bother with the fourth. It's a shame because I felt certain that the first movie would usher in a new era of big-budget swashbuckling pirate movies, but all we've gotten are the increasingly disappointing sequels. Ho-hum.

·
Registered
509 Posts
kindlequeen said:
I couldn't get passed the first half hour of Atonement, it bored me. I feel like I should give this one another chance though.
Save yourself the pain and don't try it. It's not the most awful movie ever, but if you've tried once, that's enough.

I liked Pirates 1 and Pirates 3, but I agree Pirates 2 was horrendous and I have no intention of seeing 4 (don't really like Penelope Cruz).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Freddy Got Fingered. A steaming pile of moronic shit. But actually watchable, in the sense that it's like seeing a car-crash you just can't look away from.

Natural Born Killers Dumb and nasty. The filmic equivalent of Charles Manson trying to impress everyone with his poetry.

And Forrest Gump is awful too: Hey, it's good to be a dumb, unquestionsting sheep! And if you're stupid, you don't aids like that lil' missy who had ideas above her station!

I mean, WHAT exactly was the message of this film??????

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
SO many of the movies listed by others here are ones I never bothered to see. I can't stand Nicole Kidman, so never saw eyes wide shut. Love Johnny Depp, saw no reason to see Blow. Freddy got fingered? who cares? Never heard of Atonement, or if I did I dismissed it so fast I forgot I heard of it. Ryne's whole list except for RV.. Love Robin Williams, saw it, it was ok.. not bad enough to hate, not good enough to love, some great lines in it.. which knowing RW he probably ad-libbed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I know people will disagree with me on this one, but I completely hated Starship Troopers - it's the most tempted I've ever been to walk out of a theater (something I've never done, I spent good money!)...

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
Napoleon Dynamite
Billingses unite! I hated that movie. I was in college when it came out and it was ridiculously popular with everyone else and people were quoting it all the time, so my friends finally got me to sit down and watch it. I could barely make it through the whole thing!

I have to admit, I haven't seen most of the movies you all are listing (not even Titanic)! I have a terrible time sitting down and making it through a whole movie, even when I'm enjoying it. I just get tired of sitting in one place, haha. :D

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I can’t say I've ever hated a movie, since my life isn’t divided into just two modes, "love" or "hate." It's always somewhere in between.

I have disliked (or at least not liked) some movies, though:

Pulp Fiction
Starship Troopers
The Day the Earth Stood Still (remake)
Most films that originated from comic books
The last two Matrix movies
Forrest Gump

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Napoleon Dynamite - I fell asleep through it several times. Was too slow.
Eyes Wide Shut gets my vote too. When I first saw it I didn't understand it, so I watched it again. Big mistake. It was dreadful.
Couldn't stand the Twilight movies; sorry, I just couldn't. Kristen Stewart was just annoying and her big teeth bothered me, because it appeared that 'mouth agape' was her only 'expression'.
Critters
Leprechaun
All the Chucky movies, except the first one (which, as a kid I had a Cricket doll, so I was terrified!).
Evita (with Madonna). Saw this in high school as a field trip for Spanish class. Love Madonna (especially in A League of their Own), but this movie was just...awful!
Battlefield Earth

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.