Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know there has to be an easy way to do this, but I am not finding it. How do you move read books to the "archive" folder? On Amazon it only gives the option to send to your Kindle or to your computer, not Archive. I can delete it off of my Kindle with the 5 way button, but I don't want to delete it totally, I want it archived.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should just PM you my questions! Thank you. I wasn't sure if it would be gone completely if I deleted it from the Kindle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there any way to mark a book that I have read?  Sometimes I have forgotten to move it to Amazon and can't remember if I have read it or not.

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
When you've read it it'll show on the home screen that you're 99% finished . . . or all the dots are bold on a K1.  Of course, if you re-open it back at the beginning, it'll show you've only just started.  I guess you could sync to farthest page read and if it goes to the end you know you've read it.

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
I hear ya!  I figured out early on that I better delete a book as soon as I've read it or I'll forget if I've finished it or not.

Another option is to put a note on it. . . but I guess if one is not remembering to delete, one might not remember to make a note.  :D

Ann

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
When you've read it it'll show on the home screen that you're 99% finished . . . or all the dots are bold on a K1. Of course, if you re-open it back at the beginning, it'll show you've only just started. I guess you could sync to farthest page read and if it goes to the end you know you've read it.

Ann
So if I'm reading several books at a time I can check if I'm done with it through the home screen? So it would show up several books with how much I have read it? Correct me if I'm wrong... I tend to read several kinds of books when I get bore with one and go back.....

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Since most Kindle books open past the front cover, when I am finished with a book, I go to the cover.  Then if I open it back up again, it reminds me that I have already read it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Andra said:
Since most Kindle books open past the front cover, when I am finished with a book, I go to the cover. Then if I open it back up again, it reminds me that I have already read it.
Good idea. I am going to do that for the books that I don't want to Archive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts