Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Easiest thing is to connect your Kindle to your PC/Mac with the USB cable. Then drag and drop the file into the Documents folder on the Kindle.

Depending on how you have your Kindle's home page sorted, the file may or may not appear at the top of the home page.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Connect your Kindle to your computer via the USB cable and drag and drop the files into the 'documents' folder on the Kindle.

Note that this will preserve them as PDF and, given the size of the Kindle Screen, my not provide optimal viewing.

Alternatively, send them as an e-mail attachment to your kindle.com email address.  You will incur a charge for delivery.

If you want them converted to Kindle format, put the word 'convert' in the subject.

If you have a K3, you can send to the free.kindle.com address, and they will go to your Kindle automatically when you turn on W/N as long as you are using the WiFi receiver.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually it's my understanding that if you use Wi-Fi to receive your files you will not be charged, so you can have PDF's converted for free.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200505520&#fees
Kindle (Free 3G + Wi-Fi) user living in the United States: If you transfer personal documents to your Kindle via Wi-Fi there is no delivery fee. If you transfer personal documents to your Kindle via 3G while inside the United States, the fee is $ .15 per megabyte. When traveling outside the United States, a fee of $.99 per megabyte will apply.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Belle2Be said:
You can also download Calibre and convert them there :D
This is my preferred method. This way, I can make sure they have the correct metadata and book covers (if metadata applies.)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm bumping this thread because I can't find the transferred PDF files on my Kindle. I used to just pay the small fee and email them to myself, but now with my new Kindle, they can read PDF's directly without converting (right?) so I thought I'd just do it myself. I hooked up USB, dragged and dropped, and can see them in the Kindle folder on my Mac, but I can't find them on my Kindle. Help!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Panjo said:
I'm bumping this thread because I can't find the transferred PDF files on my Kindle. I used to just pay the small fee and email them to myself, but now with my new Kindle, they can read PDF's directly without converting (right?) so I thought I'd just do it myself. I hooked up USB, dragged and dropped, and can see them in the Kindle folder on my Mac, but I can't find them on my Kindle. Help!
They need to be in the Documents folder on your Kindle.

Shari

1 - 10 of 10 Posts