Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
The first thing you need to know before looking at players if what file types will you be using, so you can make sure the player is compatible. Audio books come in multiple file types. Unless you are ripping them yourself from audiobook cd's, then you can choose what you want to rip it into.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
emusic sells theirs as mp3, iTunes uses aac and audible has multiple file types you can check http://www.audible.com/adbl/store/deviceCenter/devices.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

The ipods are compatible with all those, not sure about any other devices. And if you use the drop down menu on the link it lists which of audibles file types work with the different Kindle models. It says K1 can use audible files 2,3,4 K2 4, E and DX 4, E

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
tessa said:
Thanks everyone My DH got me a SanDisk sansa fuze with a SD card. (He said he didn't want to hear me ask questions to every young kid we meet, so he bought it with the sd card because my Kindle 1 has one)

It took me 6 hours to get the thing loaded it didn't come with a manual (I hope I remember how I did it).

Thanks again

Tessa
Wow 6 hours. That doesn't sound promising.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts