Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it has finally happened to me. I just purchased a second copy of an e-book. Since there wasn't a banner warning me that I had purchased this title back in 2010, I didn't think I owned it. Technically, I didn't. They have different ASIN numbers. Sigh... I wrote Amazon and suggested that they add this. Since they own Goodreads, it should be easier to cross-reference different editions of books, I'd think.

The edition I just bought, I bought on February 17th, so it is outside the return window. If they let me, great. If not, it was on sale for $2, so at least it is a cheap lesson to learn.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Call them.  They once offered me a refund on a book I bought in 2012.  Except I wasn't wanting a refund, I needed it pushed to a different  device.

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
I've gotten in the habit with things that look fairly familiar -- or aren't obviously brand new releases -- of checking my content listing first to see if it's something I already have in a slightly different edition.

If you contact them, I bet they'll let you return it and refund the $2.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
I've gotten in the habit with things that look fairly familiar -- or aren't obviously brand new releases -- of checking my content listing first to see if it's something I already have in a slightly different edition.

If you contact them, I bet they'll let you return it and refund the $2.
I have several copies of books by different authors because of the AISN issue. Kensington seems to be the worst of the publishers that I read. They will release a hardback and an ebook at one price point. Then when the book goes to paperback, another version of the ebook is released with a new number.
I'm with Ann - I tend to check now, especially if the book I am purchasing is a favorite author (more likely to already have a version) or if it's more expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts