Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find this anywhere and I know there are multiple kindle families out there...

When you have more than one Kindle on an account, and you buy a book with one-click, which Kindle does it go to?  Or do you designate with each purchase (so it is now 2 click)?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
This is how ours have worked. I buy the book and send it to my Kindle. The next time my boyfriend checks for new items, he gets the books I have purchased.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Rivery said:
I couldn't find this anywhere and I know there are multiple kindle families out there...

When you have more than one Kindle on an account, and you buy a book with one-click, which Kindle does it go to? Or do you designate with each purchase (so it is now 2 click)?
You designate with each purchase. There's a drop down menu and you choose which Kindle you want it sent to. Still one Click. Look under the buy button and it should say send wirelessly to: Heather's 2nd Kindle or whatever..

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I share an account with my daughter and we share books. Go to the "Manage Your Kindle" option on the Amazon site. You will have a list of your books on that screen. Select the book and there is a drop-down that allows you to send to Kindles that are on the account.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone.  This place and the people in it are amazing.  Before I could finish typing a follow up question, all of my questions are answered!

Gotta love it here ;D

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Thanks I wondering the same thing. I knew you could share books if both kindles are on the same account. I just could not fiqure out how you got the same books on both kindles.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
OK, I am gathering from these posts, that the multiple kindles on your account are also under the same roof... I recieved a second K1 today and am planning on giving it to a friend of mine as a gift. She and I have shared books for years and I am really excited that we are able to provide her with a Kindle. As close as we are, I won't be allowing her to *use* my Amazon account, so she won't have the option to download samples or purchase books on her own. Are there any others out there who have multiple Ks but you are the only one that does the ordering??  I have already registered the *new* K to my account and have downloaded books that I know she has been wanting to read and a couple that I am pretty sure she will like. We (meaning hubby and me) haven't decided yet whether we will ask her to help pay for books in the future or if I will just keep sending her books that I have purchased. Any feedback from those in a similar situation would be appreciated. Thanks! Angela

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I can't imagine that she will be satisfied to have to go through you forever, to buy books from Amazon.  Too inconvenient.  Of course, she can get books from other places, but Amazon has so many!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Since I ordered my K2, if I buy or get something using my K1, it goes there.

But today I clicked on a couple of free books I found in our free book thread and just before I clicked "buy" noticed it was defaulting to "Lynn's Kindle two" so I changed that to "Lynn's Kindle one", since two hasn't been shipped yet.  So there is a choice and it even seems to allow you to send it to another Kindle.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the input! When the "his and her" kindles ship later this month, this will be useful. The OP is right, this forum is terrific :D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
SusanCassidy said:
I can't imagine that she will be satisfied to have to go through you forever, to buy books from Amazon. Too inconvenient. Of course, she can get books from other places, but Amazon has so many!
In actuality, she can't afford to buy books as it is. That is why I always shared DTBs with her in the past. She is a single mom on a very limited budget. She was excited for me when she saw my Kindle back at Christmas, but I could see the disappointment in her face when she realized that she would not be able to *share* my books anymore. When I found this K1 for sale by one of our forum members I called my hubby and told him about it. He had the same idea that I had... buy it for our friend! Now I can once again share my books with her and make her daily commute to downtown Houston more tad more enjoyable. I did discover on another thread that she will have access to any of the books I have purchased from Amazon through Content Manager to download as she desires without having to wait on me to send them to her, and of course I will inform her about all the free ebook sites. If and when the time comes she is able to set up her own account, she is free to do so and we won't share books anymore.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
If it is true that you can register someone on your account, download the books to their Kindle, and deregister them but they keep the books, I think that is a better option then sharing an account with a non-family member. My SIL is getting a K2. I am going to try the register, load, deregister trick with her. If it works, then that is what we will do.

The idea of sharing an account scares me because I wonder what will happen if one person buys a ton of books and refuses to pay for them? Or what happens if you drift apart and the friend deregisters her Kindle? She does not get to keep the books that she bought.

I watch way too much Judge Judy for my own well being. I am waiting for the first Kindle case. "I put her on my Kindle account because we were good friends. Then she bought a ton of books and didn't pay for them. I deregistered her Kindle and now I have all of these books that I didn't buy and can't return"

JJ: "So give her the books."

Plantiff "Ican't. You cannot transfer books from account to account."

JJ "So you want her to pay for the books that are in your account and that she cannot access! Insane!"

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
What about samples?  My hubby's soon to arrive K2 is now the "default" one-click on the account.  Just this morning I checked a couple of books, change the one-click to my kindle and then clicked the send sample.  My whispernet is on the ((.)) and 5 bars but check and sync for new items says "no new items".  Help?

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
Piffle - I just checked the Manage Your Account section at Amazon and they are listed as pending to husband's kindle even though I changed the one-click and samples are not listed where I can tell it to download/send to my kindle.  Does this mean no more samples via computer browsing - I think it should still work directly from my kindle, it is just so much more time consuming to browse from the K itself.  Before you ask, I just downloaded the samples directly from my kindle even though they are listed as pending for his K2 - he will be JUST THRILLED to get his K2 and have samples of Regency Bodice Rippers waiting for him (not).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts