Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have several unrelated pen names on the same account? For example, if a children's writer wanted to publish erotica or adult horror, do they need to make new accounts for each name or can they list each separately under the same umbrella account, with their own "individual" author pages? I've yet to dive into Amazon's (or any other) publishing labyrinth but I figure someone here might know... Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
No problem on Amazon, just enter the author name you want when you publish. I haven't investigated whether you can create author pages for pen names. On Smashwords, I have two different accounts, so I have to sign off one to sign onto the other.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I haven't investigated whether you can create author pages for pen names.
It must be possible, because I did it at some point! Both names show up when I am in my Amazon Author Central account; the pen name is in a drop down list. How I managed it, I'm not sure....slept since then....but if I did it, it must be easy.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Once you have the first Author central set up, try to add your book that's under another name. You'll get a pop up and one of the options refers to a pen name. Follow the prompts and you'll have separate accounts that you can toggle back and forth between. I just did mine and it worked just fine. Hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts