Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2011 I was approached to sell my teen novel Mystery at Ocean Drive on Mxit.
(Mxit is a FREE online instant messenger that runs on close to 3000 mobile handsets. Chat. Play. Trade. Explore Africa's biggest social network and enjoy multiplayer games, exchange goods or buy music and video clips.)
Mxit was originally created in 2002 and only became famous in 2006 and now it's used by all teenagers in South Africa instead of smsing ppl....
http://site.mxit.com/

Teenagers download and pay for the books a chapter at a time (I think to make it easier for them to pay, but it might not be possible to download the whole thing onto a phone. It was started before e-books took off). I'm finally getting a (small) payment. I've visited the website but have no idea how to look for my book :-[.

I just wondered if anyone thinks there is any merit in selling books chapter by chapter. :-\

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
What do they pay per chapter? 5c or something?
If it works, it sounds worth it :) Good luck with your book there!

·
Registered
11,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't work out what they pay per chapter, but I get about SA 5c ( $1 = R9 ) I'd like to know if people read the entire book, or give up after a few chapters. Not likely to make a fortune, but at least the book is being read  ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts