Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually wanted to find a bag at a thrift store that was funky and unique for my Kindle. I ended up seeing a great purse at the Dollar Tree instead. I bought a foam posterboard to insert inside (2 small pieces). I put my Kindle between the two pieces and it fits like a glove. I love it.

(btw, the purse was $1 and the posterboard was another $1)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aww thanks! It is very much loved.  I want to put one of those iron-on patches of a butterfly on the bag :)

Maybe one day I'll upgrade to a professional cover.  But for now I really like my bag.  I love knowing my Kindle is inside and waiting for me to read it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,416 Posts
Oh I like that :)
I think some of the bags out there not made expressly for a Kindle are really cool, and can work as good or better that the "made for Kindle" bags.
Good find :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
I was in the $ Tree just yesterday and didn't see that bag.  I always look in that section.  I'll have to look again next time I go there. 

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
Very nice and a great value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
I was in the $ Tree just yesterday and didn't see that bag. I always look in that section. I'll have to look again next time I go there.
Actually there are three different colors too!

(just to clarify, it's a $2 bag because the purse was $1 and the posterboard was $1)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
esper_d said:
Actually there are three different colors too!

(just to clarify, it's a $2 bag because the purse was $1 and the posterboard was $1)
I was just going to ask that, because in the $ Tree ... everything's a dollar. Big signs all over the place and along every shelf, and still people will ask the price of an item.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
I was just going to ask that, because in the $ Tree ... everything's a dollar. Big signs all over the place and along every shelf, and still people will ask the price of an item.
I LOVE the dollar tree! Do you? I also get a whole bunch of booklights there and keep them all over so I always have one handy. Like one near my bed, one at my parents, one in my backpack, lol!

(I changed the first post just so I don't confuse others)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
esper_d said:
I LOVE the dollar tree! Do you? I also get a whole bunch of booklights there and keep them all over so I always have one handy. Like one near my bed, one at my parents, one in my backpack, lol!

(I changed the first post just so I don't confuse others)
The $ Tree is the best. When I moved to my sleepy town, the nearest $ Tree was 30 minutes away. I had to plan my trips there to include other stops. Just two weeks ago, they opened a new one 10 minutes away and it's huge.

The bad part is, I keep throwing stuff in my basket thinking, well, it's only a dollar. Next thing you know, my basket is full. But it's so much fun. Now I've got my grandkids hooked.

My Mom and I are planning a trip without the kids so we can browse all those fabulous aisles on our own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Sweet! Even if the bag lasts you a few months, it would be worth it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Kool!

The creativity of our members, and the good ideas they have, never fails to amaze me!  This is a very nice bag at a very nice price!

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Good for you. I always love a bargain.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments! I went to the Dollar Tree today and took a pic of all the bags that I like to call "Kindle bags"

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,888 Posts
esper_d said:
Thanks for all the nice comments! I went to the Dollar Tree today and took a pic of all the bags that I like to call "Kindle bags"

Hmmmm....I'm thinking you could buy a lot of them, put in the foam, and even decorate....and make a profit. Feeling creative? It would be neat to see your decorated Kindle bags for sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Ooh, they look fun.  You had a great idea.  I think my favorite is the brown w/ green that you picked  :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Wow, thanks for posting the pic.  Isn't it amazing how we now look at the world through kindle eyes? 
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Count me in as a dollar tree store fan.  Those dollar booklights are great to have around.  I always have one in my purse so I can find things in there.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top