Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barely used is right most of the stuff was still in it's wrapping.
ie plastic wrap around kindle,screen cover showing to charge your kindle and how to turn on.The wrap around the about your Kindle book that goes with it,tissue type enclosure on the cover,plastic on charger prongs etc.
So I definitely got a deal @$200.
The K1 is definitely different than my K2,so it will be fun learning all the in's and out's of it.
I can see why most people didn't like the K1 cover lol it is not the best.
I have ordered a light,skin,cover and borsa bella bag for it and am awaiting their arrival.
Oh and I need help with names for my K1 and K2,I think my K1 is a boy lol and K2 is a girl lol
So any suggestions for names??
I luv my " Kindle Kids" :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MagicalWingLT said:
Ok where did you get that Kindle from? lol Usually used Kindle 1's are around $250-$300 on E Bay lol
I just got lucky I guess.
Yeah I've seen K1's going for around $300.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keyser Soze said:
What was the reason on getting the k1 when you already owned a 2?

One for at home and one for on the go?
I bought the K1 because I am impressed with some of the features it has when compared to my K2, not better features..simply different,and when the chance was there to get one that had barely been used at all for $200 I couldn't pass it up.
As to a Kindle for strictly at home,that will be the KDX I pre-ordered the day after it was announced.

Also in all honesty I am big time into techy toys :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Very awesome, and nice price. I'm still waiting for my slightly used Kindle 1 to arrive. I got mine from eBay, and paid US$300 plus shipping. The shipping was cheap to Australia though, so I guess it evened out the cost.

As for names, I usually pick a theme for my electronic gadgets. The theme I've had for the past few years now is Greek mythology. Thus, my iMac is called Athena, MacBook Air is Apollo, and iPhone is Erebus. I'm not sure what I'll call my Kindle yet, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find something ;)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
reemixx said:
Very awesome, and nice price. I'm still waiting for my slightly used Kindle 1 to arrive. I got mine from eBay, and paid US$300 plus shipping. The shipping was cheap to Australia though, so I guess it evened out the cost.

As for names, I usually pick a theme for my electronic gadgets. The theme I've had for the past few years now is Greek mythology. Thus, my iMac is called Athena, MacBook Air is Apollo, and iPhone is Erebus. I'm not sure what I'll call my Kindle yet, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find something ;)
Oh I like the names you have :)
I remember you from your introduction post :) When did your K1 ship??
It is interesting having a K1 now,and I can definitely see why people are so loyal to their K1's.
I think I have a unique perspective since I got the K2 1st,and then the K1.
The K1 is a good device,and it is growing on me more and more :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sugar said:
It is interesting having a K1 now,and I can definitely see why people are so loyal to their K1's.
Y'know, when the K1 was first announced in the US, I remember laughing at it and thinking how ugly it looked. And I suppose, in its own way, it is kind of an ugly duckling, at least compared to the smooth contours and appealing aesthetics of the almost Apple-like K2, and even compared to other eBook readers out at the time the K1 was released.

But now, after looking at several pictures of the K1 while researching its features, and then deciding to buy one over the K2 for various reasons (of which I will explain if anyone cares to know), I've actually grown to like the aesthetics of the K1. It reminds me of an old-school Commodore 64, or something equally as clunky (and I say that with complete adoration). It has its own unique style, with its sharp corners and its complete disregard for symmetry. Yeah, I kind of dig it.

My K1 shipped a couple of days ago. I should receive it by the 21st or so. Yeah, as you could probably guess, I can't freakin' wait. :)

Decided on a name for yours yet?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sugar said:
Yes, it's interesting that you bought the K1 second. I've been using my K1 for about five months now, and I love it.
And as for names...why not Starbuck for the K1 and Baltar for the K2? :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
reemixx said:
Y'know, when the K1 was first announced in the US, I remember laughing at it and thinking how ugly it looked. And I suppose, in its own way, it is kind of an ugly duckling, at least compared to the smooth contours and appealing aesthetics of the almost Apple-like K2, and even compared to other eBook readers out at the time the K1 was released.

But now, after looking at several pictures of the K1 while researching its features, and then deciding to buy one over the K2 for various reasons (of which I will explain if anyone cares to know), I've actually grown to like the aesthetics of the K1. It reminds me of an old-school Commodore 64, or something equally as clunky (and I say that with complete adoration). It has its own unique style, with its sharp corners and its complete disregard for symmetry. Yeah, I kind of dig it.

My K1 shipped a couple of days ago. I should receive it by the 21st or so. Yeah, as you could probably guess, I can't freakin' wait. :)
I look forward to hearing your reactions. I've owned a K1 for about 5 months. It has its own appeal, and its size makes it quite easy to read from.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Congratulations on your K1. Sounds like you got a real bargain. As for names, I don't know. I am soon going to order the K2 I've saved up for and I haven't yet come up with a name. I'm thinking I may have to wait and see what kind of personality my Kindle has.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yay, another unwanted/unloved K1 has found a loving, adoptive home! I can't wait to hear how you like it compared to K2.  I have a K1 but I also just bought a second because of the crazy insane deal I got on it ($100).  I haven't decided what to do with it yet though, keep as a spare or give as a gift.  If you find a niche for the second Kindle, please do share!  ;D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I still have a K1. Sold off two others that were in the family but kept one and love it. Also love my K2 now that I got a keeper!  Congratulation on your new member of the family.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts