Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, things got off to a good start with 42 sales from 5 sites. Impossible to say which site had the most impact, but Bknights is usually good for 20+, so I guess the others get the credit for the rest. Ranking is currently around 5,000.

All the sites contacted me either on the day, or the day before, and I can't tell you how nice it is to know that everything is in hand, and not have to wonder whether you've been forgotten.

PeopleReads won the Twitter-fest, hands down. They sent out several Tweets during the day, which got vigorously retweeted. My inbox was groaning with notifications. Some of those retweeters have huge numbers of followers, too - one tweet was propagated to something like 50,000 followers. Not that they all read them, I suppose, let alone rushed out to buy the book, but still.

Today is an ad-free day. I'd hoped to have PeopleReads, but they were full, so gave me yesterday instead. Rather than rush to fill the blank, I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of second-day bounce I get. The book is also showing well in the Countdown listings (currently #2 in Fantasy, and #8 in SciFi/Fantasy, and actually pops up on the Countdown front page occasionally), so there may be some organic sales, too.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Great first day results! Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your promo goes, especially the results from Booksends and eReaderCafe as I haven't used either of them yet.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CadyVance said:
Great first day results! Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your promo goes, especially the results from Booksends and eReaderCafe as I haven't used either of them yet.
Yes, they're both new to me, too. Booksends I've heard great things about, so we'll see.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just saw this thread or I would've wished you luck sooner. Your sales look like they're off to a good start! YaY! Looking forward to the rest of your results. Good luck!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thanks for sharing!  I'm running a 99 cent countdown deal during this same period on my Memoirs of a Starving Artist.  Yesterday I had an ad on ENT and ended up with 50 downloads, which paid for the ad, so I'm definitely happy about that, plus 10 more today with no ads.  I've generally had good luck in the past with Booksends, too.  Last time I used it I think that one just barely paid for itself, but I'll always take that.  Good luck with the rest of your promo!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yesterday was a good one: 29 sales, despite no ads running. Sales were steady over the day, so I don't think the book got picked up by any sites for free. This was just the carry-over from yesterday's multi-site day, plus organic sales, since the book is now showing as #1 in the Countdown-only lists for fantasy. Nice to be #1 in something. :D Borrows were up slightly, too, a consequence of overall higher ranking, at 5-7K.

Today, only 1 site - Booksends.

Kenneth Rosenberg said:
I've generally had good luck in the past with Booksends, too. Last time I used it I think that one just barely paid for itself, but I'll always take that. Good luck with the rest of your promo!
They're new to me but I hear good things about them. Good luck with your promo, too. Great result from ENT.

Thanks for all the good wishes, folks! It's nice to know people are following along. :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Great results, Pauline. It just goes to show that getting high on a Countdown list can give you great visibility.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Very nice, Pauline. Best of luck with the next few days. You've got some good ones lined up. You should be pleased with your results.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looking good. Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Good luck and wish you luck. I am running a free promo and wonder whether to use Booksends or not; just yesterday in Your Ghost on - A Facebook Group Rebecca Howard wrote that she used Choosy Bookworm and no sales; other author reported no sales on Fussy Librarian too but Rebecca reported good number of sales on Fussy Librarian so it's all very individual.
By the way, BKnigts doesn't count when you tell them you are a Kboards member? I asked him and he said that to note it in my gig and he will provide a full service so wonder where this 20$ are coming from?
In the begging I became a member of Author marketing Club and participated actively in their Friday Buzz on twitter and received a lot of retweets but zero sales so be cautious about retweets. My opinion and experienced - I have downloaded though Twitter free books but never bought even one this way.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Antara Man said:
I am running a free promo and wonder whether to use Booksends or not; just yesterday in Your Ghost on - A Facebook Group Rebecca Howard wrote that she used Choosy Bookworm and no sales; other author reported no sales on Fussy Librarian too but Rebecca reported good number of sales on Fussy Librarian so it's all very individual.
Yes, it's incredibly individual. It depends so much on genre, cover, blurb and so on, and also day of the week, how the promo is sent (email/tweet/whatever), what other books are available. And things like holidays - people buy different books or don't buy at all on holidays. I take it as a relative thing. If a specific book sells 10 copies with ad site A, and 20 with ad site B and 60 with ad site C - then maybe C is a better bet (for that book/genre/etc)?

By the way, BKnigts doesn't count when you tell them you are a Kboards member? I asked him and he said that to note it in my gig and he will provide a full service so wonder where this 20$ are coming from?
Yes, Bknights offers a discount to Kboards members - sign up for a $5 gig, and tell him your Kboards handle in the notes and he'll give you the full service.

But I feel uncomfortable asking for a discount like that, especially when I'm paying top dollar for some other sites. And Bknights always does really well for me, so it's great value even at $20. But for anyone counting the pennies - yeah, ask for the discount. ;D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts