Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi KindleBards:

My book (Cinderella and the Sheikh) has disappeared from Amazon. I've already emailed from the "Contact us" link in the Help page. I bet there's a thread or something that deals with how to deal with this... Anyone able to point me to it?

It has been a bleak week for the sheikh.  ???

Teresa

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
When I click on your link in your signature, it takes me right to it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
intinst said:
When I click on your link in your signature, it takes me right to it.
Thanks for clicking, but that's Handcuffed to the Sheikh, not

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
It's weird; when I do a Kindle store search your book comes up in "other departments," but when I click on it, it says the page is not a functioning page on the site.  I'd advise giving CS a call.  I've never had that happen on an existing book.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
It looks like there's an old Harlequin Romance with the same title by a different author. Of course you can't copyright titles, but I'm wondering if someone or some computer algorithm thought it was a duplicate version of the same book.

In any event, this must be incredibly frustrating and I hope you resolve it quickly.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Teresa Morgan said:
Thanks for clicking, but that's Handcuffed to the Sheikh, not
Sorry, you are correct.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MichaelWallace said:
I'm wondering if someone or some computer algorithm thought it was a duplicate version of the same book.
That's what I figure. I was just hoping someone knows a good way to deal with it.

MichaelWallace said:
It looks like there's an old Harlequin Romance with the same title by a different author.
Harlequin published that two years after I pitched them MY Cinderella and the Sheikh. :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MH Sargent said:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=57276.0

It happened to one of my books, I wrote to KDP and they got the book restored, but it took 24 hours or so as I recall and I lost sales, so that hurts. For whatever it is worth, they gave no explanation as to why book fell off the shelf.
Ah, thanks. Guess I've already done what I need to do. 24 hours isn't so bad. I can live with that.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I just looked it up. It was for two days that one of my books completely vanished. Hang in there. They'll get it back. I had been worried that it would come back as if brand new, no reviews or tags, but it was all there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you think I could get some marketing traction out of this?

Cinderella and the Sheikh: It's so hot Amazon doesn't want you to read it!

tce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts