Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My novel The Kult has been filmed, which I'm obviously very excited about. Having a novel made into a film is something I always dreamed of, but I never thought it would really happen. But now thanks to an independent production company and a dedicated team, it's become a reality. I'm not sure when the film will be released, or in what format, but the trailer is now online for anyone interested:

And here's a blog I wrote about my trip to the US to see some of the shoot last year: http://shaunjeffrey.blogspot.com/2010/10/american-dream.html

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congratulations!

I hope you're happy with the end product; a lot of time, movie adaptations piss off authors because of their lack of faithful adaptation.  (Though on rare occasions, such as with John Carpenter's "Vampires" and the movie version of Carl Sagan's "Contact" or the LOTR movies where the film is better.)

In any case, you've done something few of us dare to even dream of doing!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Congratulations!

That's got to feel good!  :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the congratulations.

@Steve. I haven't seen the completed film yet, but I did read the screenplay before shooting began, and certain things have changed, which is to be expected when trying to fit a book into around 90 minutes of film time and with monetary considerations with regards some scenes that would have been too expensive to film. But the story line is pretty much the same.

@RM. At the time, the novel was published by a conventional publisher who secured the film rights (sadly that publisher has since gone bankrupt which is why I re-released the book as an ebook). I just had to sign on the dotted line when I was happy with the deal.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Absolutely amazing Shaun, just to see your characters come alive. Good luck with the movie. Let's hope it is a box office hit.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RM Prioleau said:
That is really cool! When will the movie be released? Would love to check it out!
Thanks. Not sure yet when it will be out, or in which format. I believe they are trying to secure a distributor, but all of this film business and how it all works is new to me. I'm still riding my cloud that it's even been made :)

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
OMG That is so awesome!  It's my dream, too.  I keep hoping the Syfy channel will want to turn my novel RIG into one of those B-movie-type films they run on Saturdays.  I think it's perfect for them!  This gives me hope!

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is amazing, well done to you. I hope its a hit! x

1 - 20 of 59 Posts